Lead Network Engineer – 21029
WWF Washington, DC
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Lead Network Engineer. The Lead Network Engineer is responsible for the support and maintenance of the WWF US technical infrastructure. Performs strategic maintenance and upgrades of infrastructure equipment, hardware and software including switches, routers, firewalls, servers, SAN, and VMware environment. Develop and implement best practices for support, routine maintenance, and proactively monitor systems. Works with the Sr. Director, Enterprise Technology Services and the Director of Network Services to develop a strategy to effectively manage technical infrastructure at WWF US Headquarters and applicable remote offices. Responsible for research, evaluation, and testing of new and emerging network technologies.
- Configures, operates, and supports all aspects of a Hyperconverged Infrastructure systems (Nutanix) including virtualization (VMWare), compute, storage, networking, data protection, and disaster recovery. Ensure systems run optimally while monitoring and assessing systems for performance degradation while looking for tuning and optimization opportunities.
- Architect, setup, deploy, manage and support state-of-the-art next-gen firewall systems (Palo Alto). Create and tweak firewall policies. Manage perimeter security devices.
- Documents all infrastructure systems, operating systems, and mission-critical applications under the responsibility of Network Services. Document all proposed changes in the CM system and record appropriate migration and rollback steps, test approvals, and system outages (planned and unscheduled).
- Maintains a security strategy to reduce the risk of a security breach. Manages security technology on Microsoft server operating systems, firewalls, switches, routers, and email systems. Implements changes (in accordance with change management procedures) as requested by the IT Security Administrator.
- Supports Office365 email messaging, MS Teams and Azure services. Supports Active Directory environment.
- Maintains and supports remote access solutions implemented at WWF US, including Citrix, VPN, and Outlook Web Access technologies. Maintains Disaster Recovery procedures to ensure recovery of all identified systems, under the responsibilities of Network Services, in a declared disaster or a DR test.
- Provides technical support and troubleshoots infrastructure equipment. Provides tier 3 support to end users when requested by other Network Services staff. Responsible for the backup of systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Requires eight years of related experience supporting computer networks. In-depth experience supporting the following technologies: internetworking equipment (switches, routers), Hyperconverged Infrastructure (Nutanix) storage (SAN), virtual environment (VMWare), remote access technologies, cable plant, firewalls, backups and disaster recovery. Experience with Active Directory, Azure AD and Office365.
- Continuing education including certifications in networking, virtualization and hyper-converged technologies is highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. A consistent team player.
- Strong organizational, documentation, project management skills including development of detailed project plans.
- Strategic and business skills along with strong technical skills.
- Well-developed methodologies for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #21029
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
How to Apply