JOB TITLE: Lead Integration Developer
DEPARTMENT: Digital Media
SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Data & Analytics
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Bowie, MD, and Arlington, VA, is seeking a skilled Developer to join our team. The Lead Integration Developer is a highly-skilled technical individual responsible for managing data integration within our business intelligence, analytics and reporting environment. This role involves establishing automated processes to extract data from third-party systems to load into our data warehouse. You will also be responsible for independently managing all aspects of this data layer and building thoughtful solutions that are both scalable and robust. You’ll act as a partner and liaison between client teams, analysts and programmers to build new automated processes and reporting solutions. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and self-starter who loves to figure out a challenge.
The major areas of expertise include:
- Manipulating and moving data in different formats (e.g., CSV, fixed width, JSON, XML) between a variety of systems (e.g. CRM systems, email service providers, FTP data sources, Relational Databases, 3rd party systems and APIs).
- Understanding, designing and implementing database structures using complex data from multiple sources.
- Establishing data integration workflows, processes, and supporting documentation.
- Knowledge of the major backend languages like Node.js, PHP, MySQL, MSSSQL, .NET, C# and writing code to automate data extraction, storage and manipulation.
- Experience using web API services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST) and working with and integrating third-party APIs.
- Proficiency in writing complex code using SQL (MySQL & MS SQL).
- Experience with open source technology to create scalable data extraction, manipulation and presentation platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Business Intelligence / Dashboarding development is not required but a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment.
- Provides technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for a successful implementation phase on client projects.
- Write clean and well documented code.
- Map out data schema and data flow between multiple platforms.
- Follow detailed workflows for project reviews, QA, edits.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage shifting demands.
- Communicate and engage with internal and external developers, programs, analysts and account executives.
- Serve as a collaborator and learning resource to coworkers.
- Attention to detail, deliver quality assurance tested work and provide demonstrations of in-progress and finished builds.
- Ability to communicate complex technical details to a non-technical audience and willing to teach and to learn.
- Good communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Friendly, customer-service oriented attitude.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years web development experience which includes the programming/development of web applications.
- Experience with SiSense, MS SQL Server, Blackbaud Convio/Luminate Online, Salesforce or other complex eCRM systems highly desired.
- Prior experience working in an agency environment is a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Lead Integration Developer position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Sr. Web Developer job. While performing the responsibilities of the Sr. Web Developer position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit or stand at a desk to work on a computer and use the phone, sometimes for prolonged periods. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the responsibilities of the Lead Integration Developer job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Lead Integration Developer will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Lead Integration Developer. This is an open space environment with moderate noise (e.g., colleagues’ conversations, computers, and printers). Telecommuting may be feasible for this position with permission from direct supervisor. Occasional required travel is likely.
To perform the Lead Integration Developer position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the position. The Lead Integration Developer assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.