This is a full-time, remote position. We will only review applications from qualified candidates located in and eligible to work in the United States.
Firefly is looking for a passionate, engaging Lead Developer to join our growing team.
What We’re Seeking
The right person will bring a unique blend of technical expertise and leadership skills to this role.
You must enjoy working closely with clients and team members to define high-level goals, conduct solutions research, create technical plans that detail how we’ll accomplish those goals, and clearly communicate these specifications to a variety of audiences. You must also have the discipline and passion to bring the amazing solutions you’ve defined to life – either independently or with other developers – using WordPress, APIs, Google Analytics, and a host of nonprofit marketing tools.
In this role, we expect you to bring the following qualities:
- A drive to support, inspire, and mentor our team of developers to do their best work
- A capacity to foster positive, collaborative relationships across the team
- An eagerness to learn new things and share that knowledge with our team and our clients
- An ability to advocate for technology as a critical element of how nonprofits can accomplish their missions
- A readiness to help inform and evolve our development processes to align with industry best practices
Some of What You’ll Do
- Stay apprised of changes to nonprofit technology, including but not limited to open source platforms, proprietary online marketing tools managed by Firefly’s partners, and third-party tools. Analyze and regularly communicate how changes to technology will impact Firefly’s clients and/or standard processes and best practices.
- Contribute as a thought leader both internally and out in the world, and mentor team members to expand their technical knowledge, especially as it relates to Firefly’s core services.
- Create and maintain systems and processes that prioritize efficiency, consistency, and replication across our team.
- Work with biz dev team members to elicit prospective client needs and develop appropriate scopes of work that can be clearly communicated to an array of stakeholders.
- Act as technical lead on a variety of projects and client engagements, carrying out solutions research and presenting appropriate solutions to team members, clients, and partners.
- And of course, maintain your skills by rolling up your sleeves and regularly coding, troubleshooting, and QA’ing your work and the work of others.
The Experience You’ll Bring
- At least three years of progressive leadership experience in a fast-paced agency environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish technical development plans and oversee the execution of these plans within a team
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- At least three years of experience developing and maintaining WordPress websites and plugins using object-oriented PHP
- Experience using third-party APIs
- Demonstrated experience with Gulp, GitHub, and/or other tools that enable development efficiency and collaboration
- Two to five years’ experience working with or for nonprofit organizations, particularly in a technology role
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in nonprofit software such as Luminate Online, Engaging Networks, Classy, and other platforms that our clients use.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Tag Manager.
- Experience working with the Salesforce API.
What We Offer:
The salary range for this position is $70k-$80k, depending on experience. Firefly offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Paid time off including 3 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of sick time, and 2 personal days annually (pro-rated based on start date)
- Ability to earn additional paid vacation based on length of employment
- PPO and HSA healthcare plans with dental and vision options
- Firefly pays 70% of healthcare premiums for staff and 50% of dependent premiums
- Employer-paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance policies
- Ability to participate in company 401(k) plan
- 10 company holidays annually
- Complete office setup to do your best work from your home office
- Continuing education and training opportunities
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by law.