Pro Bono Net, a national nonprofit organization using innovative technology to increase legal assistance to low-income individuals, seeks a highly qualified candidate to join our team as LawHelp Program Coordinator. This full-time position will develop and maintain partnerships with nonprofit legal aid organizations in two dozen states using Pro Bono Net’s award-winning LawHelp.org platform to help low and moderate-income people find free legal aid programs in their communities, answers to questions about their legal rights, legal self-help tools, and more.
This position will also help to define and oversee related product road maps. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in growing innovative projects that empower the public with legal resources and self-help tools to improve their lives and enable legal aid organizations to have a stronger impact. To learn more about Pro Bono Net’s programs
and partners, visit http://www.probono.net/about/item.Mission.
Product Management and Innovation
- Help to define and oversee the product road map for the LawHelp.org platform
- Lead weekly meetings with the technology team to review, analyze and prioritize technical issues, and provide programmatic guidance on new functionality.
- Conduct requirements-gathering and assist with creation of requirements documentation for new features, as needed.
- Participate in review of LawHelp platform to promote innovation to better serve the LawHelp community.
- Analyze prospective workflows through the lens of portability and usability, and support PBN to leverage tools and processes across the organization.
- Support Pro Bono Net’s engagement with two pilot states participating in a ground-breaking Statewide Legal Portal initiative, in conjunction with Legal Services Corporation and Microsoft.
Partnership Development and Support
- Support the planning, maintenance and expansion of LawHelp.org websites with field partners.
- Lead regular meetings with partners and facilitate bi-monthly calls of the LawHelp.org partner network.
- Provide regular technical assistance and training to partner organizations on LawHelp.org platform administration.
- Provide consulting to partners on content, outreach, collaboration and evaluation strategies.
- Identify project expansion opportunities and work with partners to grow their projects.
- Liaise with other PBN program staff to facilitate awareness and adoption of related technology innovations, including LawHelp Interactive..
Capacity-Building and Program Administration
- Serve as project manager for LawHelp-related grants and manage project-level budgets.
- Contribute to fundraising activities, including assisting with grant proposal development, tracking and reporting.
- Maintain documentation for LawHelp.org administrators and develop new resources to facilitate adoption of best practices and new features.
- Collaborate with other PBN program staff to design and deliver in-person and webinar trainings for partners and the community at large on LawHelp.org and the transformative role of technology in legal services delivery.
- Maintain reporting systems to document work with each state in an efficient and effective manner.
- Participate in network and industry listservs and other forums to share best practices and support network-building.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required; JD or advanced degree in a related knowledge field preferred.
- At least two years experience in technology projects, ideally legal services related.
- A high level of comfort with technology and related problem-solving skills;
- Interest in and ability to work with branch logic software, reporting and analysis programs preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, work well with people, and foster collaboration.
- Confident and skilled communicator (written and verbal) particularly the ability to make technology understandable to people without a technical background.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with ability to multitask, establish priorities and achieve results.
- Strong self-motivation and initiative required, with ability to thrive and be resourceful in a dynamic environment with new challenges to solve.
- Ability to work well with others and coordinate team projects involving on-site and remote collaborators.
- Willingness and ability to travel several times a year
- Experience working with public interest legal, pro bono or access to justice organizations preferred.
Location and Benefits
This is full-time position with excellent benefits, including 4 weeks paid vacation. The position will be based in New York or San Francisco.