Junior System Administrator
Democracy Now! Productions, Inc.
Democracy Now! seeks a reliable, innovative and friendly Junior Systems Administrator to help run day-to-day IT operations. Our Junior Systems Administrator provides end user support and maintenance of office IT infrastructure as well as helping to maintain mission critical broadcast systems that we rely upon to produce and distribute our award-winning news hour. Democracy Now! has a heterogeneous mix of Linux, OS X, and Windows systems and requires technical staff experienced with all three operating systems.
Applications must be received no later than April 7, 2019.
- Office IT help desk support for medium-sized non-profit including support for applications, basic networking, printers for users on Windows and Mac OS X
- Creation, deployment, and maintenance of OS X workstation images and software
- Support live media streaming and encoding operations for 8 am live broadcast and special live broadcast events
- Support broadcast-critical applications including video storage systems
- Perform basic mail administration tasks and support mail infrastructure
- Perform basic website infrastructure maintenance and respond to outages
- Respond to external tech support inquiries
- Work on-call shifts to support 24/7 news operations
- Provide documentation for new and existing systems and processes
- Knowledge of the operating systems in use at the site (Linux/*NIX, OS X and Windows)
- Experience providing in-person end-user support
- Experience with shell scripting and essential Linux/*NIX command line tools
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction
- Good interpersonal skills and a cool head under pressure
Desirable Background and Skills
- Familiarity with Democracy Now!
- Mac OS X desktop support and maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Basic TCP/IP networking
- Linux/*NIX systems installation, configuration, and patching
- Linux/*NIX shell scripting
- Experience with any of the following: System imaging and backup, logfile analysis, Debian, Puppet, NGINX, Nagios, ffmpeg, Asterisk, Postfix, ZFS, BIND, MySQL, NAS, NAT, pfsense
This is a full-time New York City-based position with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
How To Apply
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter online here by April 7, 2019.
Democracy Now! is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ-identified people are encouraged to apply.