Junior Project Manager
Want to help manage important design projects for incredible nonprofits?
Great Believer is a design agency for nonprofits, specializing in websites, branding and print materials. We’ve recently launched websites for some amazing nonprofits, including School of American Ballet, Young Black Lawyers’ Organizing Coalition, The Fresh Air Fund and Rutgers University.
We’re looking for a reliable, detail-oriented and good-natured Junior Project Manager to join our growing accounts team. In this full-time position, you’ll play a major role in ensuring positive client outcomes by helping to manage our team’s ongoing projects.
Our ideal candidate can confidently say the following:
“I’m passionate about nonprofits.”
- Great Believer exists to empower nonprofits. We’re looking for someone who’s motivated by mission-driven work.
- Though we’re a small team, we stay very busy. Your ability to stay meticulously organized and manage competing priorities will lead to meaningful results.
“I’m a fast learner.”
- Beginning on day one, you’ll be working on active projects and getting familiar with our processes. We’ll definitely put your brain to the test.
“I’m a clear communicator.”
- We value honest, decisive communication among our team, whether you’re creating a project brief or sharing client feedback. As Brené Brown says, “clear is kind.”
“I’m a great planner.”
- You’ll create detailed project schedules, helping to keep our team on track and ensure our clients meet their deadlines.
“I value collaboration.”
- Whether you’re brainstorming process improvements or reviewing designs, you’ll work closely with every member of our team.
“I like variety.”
- No two days at Great Believer are the same. Succeeding requires a willingness to tackle any task, be it large or small.
- You embody our core values of trust, passion, honesty, commitment and respect.
- You have 0–2 years of relevant professional experience.
- You’re a strong writer.
- You’re familiar with graphic design, web development and user experience.
- A previous job or internship at a nonprofit
- A previous job or internship at an agency similar to Great Believer
- WordPress experience
- Asana and/or Airtable experience
- Google Analytics, SEO and/or Google Ads experience
- An awareness of the web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG)
- Experience developing new business
Benefits and company policy:
- All full-time employees are eligible for a flexible paid time off policy (minimum 10 days/year), subsidized benefits (medical, dental, vision and life), a 401k program, annual professional development funds, charity matching, and commission fees for developing new business.
- Our selected candidate will join the full-time team at our Greenpoint, Brooklyn location. Given the pandemic, we’re establishing safety measures to ensure everyone is comfortable with the frequency we all work from the office, as well as the office’s layout.
- Great Believer is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team composed of people with a range of unique perspectives. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
How to Apply
If this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, send firstname.lastname@example.org an email with the subject line “Jr. PM: 2021.” Be sure to include your résumé and a cover letter that outlines why you’re the right fit for this role.