IT Systems Analyst
Partnership for Public Service
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a compelling mission: we are working to help make the federal government a more dynamic, innovative, and effective servant of the American people, and we have a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and are good to one another in the process.
The Partnership for Public Service is seeking a strategic leader and results-oriented IT Systems Analyst with extensive hands-on experience. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing and updating a strategic roadmap for new and existing technologies to enable efficient and effective in-person and remote work environments for both program delivery and internal IT support. The position will also be responsible for developing guidelines and providing technical training to empower staff to operate efficiently and take full advantage of all necessary technology resources available.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in a dynamic workplace with varying technology environments, including but not limited to learning management systems, email, collaboration tools, and process systems, has a record of success helping meet a growing organization’s rapidly evolving IT needs, can translate and interpret complex technology to consumable information for non-technical professionals, demonstrated success working effectively across an organization both independently and collaboratively, possesses the ability to identify and implement new and existing tools to better accomplish program goals and mission, even if they don’t have expertise in the system.
The IT Systems Analyst will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will work collaboratively with the management team and project managers to understand organizational needs and provide IT-related solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and maintain an integrated strategic roadmap for the Partnership’s new and existing technology platforms.
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions to meet changing requirements and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of organizational operations and program delivery.
- Proactively engage in driving increased efficiency to include consolidation of systems, enhancing cross-organization communication and collaboration, and creating systems and structures to support scaling of programs.
- Translate organizational needs into system solutions making maximum use of available tools while ensuring longer-term support of the architecture.
- Develop use cases and standard operating procedures for use of tools such as Cisco WebEx, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Determine costs and budgets for IT projects. Monitor IT spending in accordance with the budget.
- Develop and implement IT-focused training, and drive behavior change and staff adoption of the use of new and existing technologies.
- Develop and manage an IT-focused onboarding program for new employees to include such things as software walkthroughs, playbooks, and quick reference guides.
- Create, establish, and improve IT processes, policies, and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by leadership. Ensure processes and policies are inclusive.
- Superior technical knowledge and skills related to communication and collaboration tools.
- Ability to understand business needs and proactively assess and provide technology solutions to address those needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to translate technical issues into easy-to-understand language.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to handle challenges and obstacles with tact, diplomacy and flexibility.
- Ability to work collaboratively at multiple levels with excellent customer service.
- Strongly motivated by the mission of the Partnership for Public Service.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or Business Management or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in information technology required.
- Experience with Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Team, Zoom and other communication and collaboration platforms required.
- Working knowledge of learning management systems including but not limited to designing and deploying systems preferred.
- Comprehensive Software configuration skills preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
The Partnership offices are located in Washington, DC. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as a computer, telephone, printer and scanner. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, Partnership staff are currently working remotely.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET. Occasional evening or weekend activities may be required as well. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, the Partnership is allowing maximum flexibility in work schedules.
If travel occurs, it is usually during the business day. Very little out of the area and/or overnight travel will be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401K program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of annual leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership strives to be an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
How to Apply
Apply through our website https://ourpublicservice.org/careers/