IT Support Engineer
Michael and Susan Dell Foundation
The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (www.dell.org) is dedicated to improving the lives of children living in urban poverty around the world. With offices in Austin, TX, New Delhi, India, and Cape Town, South Africa, the Dell Foundation funds programs that foster high-quality public education and childhood health and improve the economic stability of families living in poverty. To date, the foundation has committed more than $2 billion to global children’s issues and community initiatives to accelerate opportunity for low-income families.
Our mission demands that we seek out and embrace many different voices because bringing together a diversity of ideas and experiences is the most powerful way we know to ensure the people we serve have opportunities to succeed. To achieve this vision, we must create a diverse team and inclusive culture, listen to the people we serve, and build authentic and trusting partnerships. We work to overcome both the causes and the consequences of major inequities and systemic racism by ensuring that resources and opportunities are fairly distributed.
Current Opportunity: IT Support Engineer – Austin, TX
The Michael and Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF) is interviewing for an IT Support Engineer to join our IT Operations and Security team. This role provides broad range hands-on system administration and Help desk support, with a primary focus on supporting end-user helpdesk requests. Other responsibilities include general systems administration, troubleshooting technical issues across user devices, other technology projects, and meeting room A/V support. This is a non-exempt/hourly role with an expected 40-hour work week.
- Respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Help Desk.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues; including those related to hardware/software, network, audio/visual, and telecom
- Work with 3rd Party Vendor Support to help troubleshoot systems and applications
- Monitor and troubleshoot systems and network performance using various tools
- Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support.
- Assist in supporting local area network (LAN)
- Configure and maintain IT inventory, patching, scripting, and antivirus systems
- Assist in troubleshooting audio visual systems such as Crestron
- Provision, onboard, and train all new hires
- Occasional afterhours and/or weekend work will be required
Technical skills and experience: The ideal candidate should have a high school Diploma. A college degree is preferred. They should also have minimum 2-3 years of experience as an IT systems administrator and demonstrate knowledge/skills in most of the following areas:
- Working knowledge of networking (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, SIP) and systems management infrastructure (VMWare, virtual appliance management).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows server administration (Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016/ Office 365/ Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019
- Mobile device management configuration of VMware Workspace One UEM (AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Management), VMware Workspace One Access / VMware IDM)
- Knowledge of Crestron AV and meeting space collaboration tools like Cisco WebEx, WebEx Teams, Cisco Unified Call Manager, etc.]
- Proficiency with mobile devices (iPhone & Android)
- Proficiency with PC hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Enterprise Cybersecurity best practices
- Beneficial Certifications (Dell, Cisco, VMWare, Microsoft, etc.) will be an added advantage
- Previous helpdesk experience preferred
Further to be successful in this role, the candidate must have:
- A commitment to excellent customer service providing personalized support to each user
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a positive attitude
- Great problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Keen attention to detail, honesty, adaptability, dependability, and a willingness to do hands-on work
- Ability to maintain a high level of strict confidentiality and professionalism
This is a unique opportunity at the intersection of latest technology and mission-oriented development. Your work will have an impact in the lives of children living in urban poverty. You can learn more about the foundation at www.dell.org.
The foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply