IT Support Analyst
Central Synagogue is a thriving reform congregation in midtown Manhattan, serving 2,500 families and the larger community. We work tirelessly toward a world in which Judaism is central to the lives of Jews everywhere and is a profound and positive force for humanity. We are relentless in our pursuit of that goal, constantly evolving to reach far beyond the walls of our synagogue to learn, worship, serve and continually redefine what it means to be Jewish today.
The IT Support Analyst is responsible for supporting all IT needs of the end-user, including management of help/service desk requests, hardware and software support, the onboarding and offboarding personnel and training across different levels of the organization. The IT Support Analyst develops programs and resources to improve the knowledge base and skillset for all levels of users in the organization so that staff are effectively and efficiently using the tools at their disposal. The Analyst also troubleshoots, supports, advises and helps resolve user technology issues spanning hardware and software by working proactively and independently to plan, organize and implement a wide range of solutions depending on the needs of the organization and under the direction of the IT manager.
Reports to: IT Manager
Date: January 2021
- Standard hours: Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Some evening and/or weekend work will be required as needed to support off-hours construction activities, high holidays and other events. (Central Synagogue has a time-off policy which includes earned comp time)
- This position requires the ability to be available for on-call duty and/or emergency response during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Overall Scope – Provides technical support to users, whether in person or via telephone, email and remote access tools, for the purpose of analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues, basic networking and infrastructure problems and other IT-related issues. Supports users as a subject matter expert of Central Synagogue’s hardware and systems
- User Support – Manages, prioritizes and escalates problems as needed, utilizing resources within the organization and from the outside to effectively address IT-related issues
- Support Requests – Documents with appropriate detail, all support requests and manages the help desk ticketing system according to established guidelines and best practices. Maintains ownership of all support incidents until completed, including those that are escalated to other departments. Escalates support incidents in accordance with established procedures
- Infrastructure Support – Provides basic to intermediate infrastructure support including network switches and routers, wi-fi, server hardware and OS, and system printers. Supports the IT Manager in areas of IT support, infrastructure and project work, including but not limited to system backups, service health and patch management, as assigned. Monitors systems logs and resolves or escalates issues
- Software Selection and Testing – Participates in the evaluation and pilot testing of new software. Tests new versions of applications and operating systems. Tests/evaluate enhancements to current applications or new applications prior to release, where assigned
- User Adoption and Training Management – Conducts orientation and training for new personnel and, where time allows, conducts regular check-ins with staff at predetermined intervals to assess their facility with software applications. Proactively supports training programs and services and provides training when possible
Bachelors or Technical Degree or equivalent. At least 7 years’ experience in IT support, help desk support, and or/training. Significant knowledge of IT systems, hardware, infrastructure, and software. Must have strong people skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Must possess strong problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to manage, prioritize and execute multiple assignments in a timely fashion.
- Works well independently by exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify, analyze, diagnose and correct technology problems
- Collaboration skills and ability to work well with others
- Strong organizational and task management skills
- Strong written and verbal skills and outputs
Reporting Relationships and Decision Making:
On an ongoing basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area. Plans and completes assigned duties on a regular schedule. Reports out to IT Manager and escalates issues as required.
Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality. To perform a variety of tasks; follows verbal and written directions; maintains good working relationships with others.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job and may change at any time.
How to Apply
- To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter addressed to IT Manager, and three references to email@example.com.
- Please reference “IT Support Analyst” in the subject line of your email. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.