IT Security Analyst
Conrad Hilton Foundation
International hotelier Conrad N. Hilton established the grantmaking foundation that bears his name in 1944 to help people living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage worldwide. Today, the work continues, concentrating on efforts to ensure healthy early childhood development and sustainable livelihoods for youth, support young people transitioning out of foster care, improve access to housing and support services for people experiencing homelessness, identify solutions to safe water access, and lift the work of Catholic sisters. Additionally, following selection by an independent, international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2.5 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to an organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. The Foundation is one of the world’s largest, with approximately $8.5 billion in assets. It has awarded grants to date totaling more than $2.4 billion, $339 million worldwide in 2021. Please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org for more information.
An integral member of the IT team, the IT Security Analyst will contribute to planning and executing security measures to protect The Foundation’s computer systems, network and data. Specifically, this position will be responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions. Job duties include staying up to date in the latest intelligence in order to anticipate security breaches.
Security systems analysis and management
• Performs tests and assists with network disaster recovery plans.
• Performs risk assessments and tests data processing systems.
• Recommends security improvements and procurements.
• Trains staff on network and information security procedures and assists staff when they need to install or learn about new security products.
• Monitors the Foundation’s networks for security breaches and investigates violations when they occur.
• Monitors firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information.
• Prepares reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches.
• Participates in penetration testing and remediation.
• Researches the latest information technology security trends.
• Assists in the planning and implementation of the Foundation’s process of handling security.
• Develops security standards and best practices for the Foundation.
• Recommends security enhancements to management or senior IT staff.
• Undertakes projects and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
• A Minimum three to five years of experience in IT security.
• Experience in setting up and configuring switching and routing.
• Experience in Asset and Cloud Security.
• Experience in software and security architectures.
• Working experience with intrusion detection systems.
• Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• A positive attitude and demonstrates a high level of responsiveness and customer service.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills with great attention to priority and detail.
• Works well independently and within a team and demonstrates a high degree of initiative, flexibility, and collaboration.
• Ability to continually seek information and look for new approaches to processes and practices.
• Welcomes feedback for personal and professional growth.
• Interest in the Foundation’s mission and philanthropic sector.
• CCNA, C, C++, CEH, CySA+, Security+ certifications a plus.
• Experience working with Python is a plus.
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer with values grounded in promoting equality and inclusion and embracing diversity. We welcome qualified applicants of all races, colors, gender identities, sexual orientations, economic classes, ages, religions, national origins, and ability/disability statuses. Veterans and individuals with lived expertise are encouraged to apply. We respect and seek to empower every member of our Foundation community. We support and celebrate our collective array of cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences; fully realizing that such diversity is what makes our organization flourish and better enables us to fulfill our mission in the world.
How to Apply