IT Generalist / Systems Administrator
The Center for Victims of Torture
IT Generalist/Systems Administrator: The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring an IT Generalist/Systems Administrator who serves a variety of roles within the IT department including systems and network infrastructure administration, enterprise application administration, project implementation, and technical support. This position adds a new, third member to the IT team, who will work closely and collaboratively with the Technical Support Specialist and Director of IT to effectively accomplish department goals, and provide redundancy of skills and knowledge within the department.
The IT Generalist/Systems Administrator has primary responsibility for administration, support, and maintenance of CVT’s server/network infrastructure and enterprise applications in a virtualized Windows-based domain environment containing a mix of on-premises and cloud-based systems. This includes:
• Network components (switches, routers, firewalls, access points, wireless controllers, etc.)
• Server/Storage components (rack servers, SAN/NAS storage, tape autoloaders, battery backups, etc.)
• Infrastructure applications (backup appliances, hypervisors, operating systems, phone systems, email, Active Directory, SQL, DFS, Remote Desktop, Antivirus, DNS, DHCP, access control, PaaS, SaaS, etc.)
This position is responsible for implementation of various technology-related projects as determined by departmental or organizational needs.
The IT Generalist/Systems Administrator shares responsibility for providing installation, maintenance, technical support, and training of end-user hardware and software.
- 40 hours per week
- Work hours are Monday-Friday, daytime hours
- Requires some work on-call and/or scheduled outside normal business hours (evenings, weekends)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Position located in St. Paul, MN
How to Apply