IT Business Manager
Do you find fulfillment in helping others succeed and love mastering new technologies? Community IT is the right place for you if you!!
Our employees stay and grow with us, and over one-quarter of our staff have been with us for over a decade.
Community IT is an employee-owned company with a positive, sustainable workplace that promotes professional development and a healthy work/life balance.
We have been 100% employee-owned since 2012. We are always implementing “green” technologies, and are active as board members and volunteers in community organizations.
Community IT is seeking an IT Business Manager to work with a set of non-profit organizations around the DC metropolitan area. The IT Business Manager will be a key contributor to our Business IT Solutions team, a highly-motivated group responsible for engaging with our non-profit customers. The IT Business Manager serves as a trusted advisor to multiple organizations and provides IT management and strategic advice as the primary point-of-contact and interface between Community IT and the organization.
The IT Business Manager will be responsible for cultivating strong relationships, understanding the business value of new IT project requests, advising business partners on technical implications and solution options, overall day-to-day IT management, including IT portfolio management and IT lifecycle management. The ideal candidate has a technical background with strong relationship management, consulting or business development skills.
- BA/BS in a business or a technical discipline (information systems, engineering, computer science) and/or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- ITIL certification or equivalent a plus
- Technical acumen to troubleshoot issues and learn new technical things quickly and on his/her own
- Experience interfacing and communicating with Executives in relation to Information Technology
- Experience working in a non-profit organization environment
- Desire to learn and continue to develop professional talents and skills that will enhance the relationships with our partners
Demonstrated Experience in the following:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Building strong relationships; excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Interfacing with all levels of an organization, from individual contributors to C-suite executives
- Familiarity navigating IT with different number of technologies and technical disciplines
If you value integrity, continuous learning, and hard work, we encourage you to apply!
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “ITBM Position-2019” in the subject line. Applicants will be accepted until position is filled.