IT Associate Support
The IT Associate Support monitors, operates, coordinates, assists, and trains staff in the operation of their laptops, applications, and equipment for our virtual organization. They are the first line of technical support for staff, exercising judgment in selecting and applying solutions, and determining when to refer problems to our technical help desk partner. The IT Associate will be cross-trained in all areas within the IT department.
- First line of technical support for staff: Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, implement corrective action procedures, and/or escalate to technical help desk partner as needed
- Assist staff in performing routine maintenance and inspection of their equipment
- Assist in hardware and software upgrades
- Maintain IT policy and coordinate help desk issues
- Assist with documenting support procedures and guidelines
- Assist with documenting the database procedures and guidelines
- Provide technical support to staff on laptops, iPhones, zoom, and other applications
- Provide technical training and advice to staff on applications, database, and devices
- Assist in set up of laptops, peripherals, and applications
- Assist in testing new applications, protocols, and/or devices
- Assist with creating and run complex queries, reports, mailings, and exports to support staff
- Perform database-related tasks for staff, such as updating information and providing data information from requests
- Cross-train in all areas within the IT department
- Assist with database support as needed
- Other duties as needed
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of experience in a computer technical support role
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications
Skills and Attributes
- Committed to Groundswell’s mission.
- Proficient in PC computers, MS Office Suite: Word, Excel and Outlook, and Gsuite
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time
- Excellent time management
- Self-motivated and self-managed: the ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage up
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Impeccable discretion and ability to keep confidentiality
- Excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working across cultures and difference, including experience and comfort working with people of color and transgender and gender non-conforming people
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be very comfortable with technology, including Microsoft Office 365 and suite of programs, Gsuite, Slack, Asana, social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), Zoom, and PC computers.
Travel: When travel is safe again, must be available to travel at least 4 times a year for overnight events/meetings across the U.S.
Compensation/Benefits: Annual salary is $60,000 or commensurate with experience. Very generous benefits include fully paid for employee and family health, dental, vision, matching 401K plan, as well as additional employer-provided reimbursements for fertility expenses, transgender health care costs, and midwifery/doula expenses that are not covered by insurance. Three weeks of vacation upon hire and a generous holiday schedule including the last week of December, as well as a flexible work schedule.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please email a resume, three professional references, and a cover letter that includes your salary expectations and describes why you feel you are a strong candidate for this position to: email@example.com, subject line should read: Application for IT Associate Support. Applications received by April 30th will be given preference. However, applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for further discussion will be contacted. Please, no phone calls or email inquiries.