Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
The Information Technology Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive technical support to a diverse and highly mobile professional workforce, with main offices in DC and New York. This position is based in New York. The right individual for this position will be meticulous, forward-thinking, highly motivated, and truly thrive on helping others to succeed.
The Assistant, who will report to the Deputy Director of Information Systems and Security is responsible for supporting and proactively maintaining the day‐to‐day IT, AV, and Security infrastructure of a state‐of‐the‐art office environment, including responding to both remote and hands‐on Help Desk‐related tasks.
Essential job functions of the IT Assistant include the following:
- Responsible for addressing tier 1 tickets as well as reassigning tier 2 and 3 tickets to other IT members and/or vendors, as necessary.
- Work with the Deputy Director of Information Systems and Security to ensure IT invoices are paid in a timely manner and the IT vendor/accounts tracking system is kept up to date.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will include deploying and maintaining computer hardware, software, mobile devices, managing IT assets, promoting IT policy and security practices, and training and assisting staff with the use of technology.
- Work closely with the Information Systems and Operations Analyst to support, and develop the company intranet, leveraging the capabilities of SharePoint to create workflow and knowledge management efficiencies.
- Establish relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders to ensure technology solutions are delivered to meet business needs.
- Support information security initiatives and ensure the safe utilization, flow, and storage of Wellspring information by applying the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- The ideal candidate must attend training and conferences to develop both technical and soft skills required to fulfill core responsibilities of supporting and protecting Wellspring’s information systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Dedicated to our philanthropic mission and has a personal commitment to the ideals that we foster as an organization.
- Dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service.
- Able to operate effectively within a globally dispersed, complex, highly collaborative organization.
- The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate solutions with both passion and clarity to non‐technical audiences.
- Thoughtful in assessing the need for improving IT and adept at presenting a business case for change to upper management.
- Understand the effectiveness of a collaborative IT environment and willing to engage the team on any projects or research that align with the organization’s goals.
- Able to support all internal Information and Communications technology systems and respond to users’ needs in a timely manner.
- Highly adaptable and can think strategically and creatively in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable with working independently in a dynamic environment while managing competing projects and priorities.
- Comfortable with working after hours from time to time to complete projects while minimizing staff downtime or respond to security incidents that may occur after business hours.
- Can quickly identify, research, and resolve technical problems by leveraging the use of approved resources.
- Knowledge of modern computer networking technologies.
- Able to handle confidential client information with complete discretion.
- Fluent in Windows, Office, iOS, and cloud technologies
- Experience working in a Windows Server environment.
- Experience working with Active Directory.
- Exceptionally patient, meticulous, and organized.
- Understands the importance of promoting the company’s information security policies and procedures.
- Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle – and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Attained or actively pursuing a college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant field of study preferred.
- IT certifications such as ITIL, CompTIA A+, MCSA and/or PMP preferred.
- Two to four years of experience supporting a Microsoft Windows environment (Servers, Desktop, and Office 365) including iOS product integration.
- Experience providing technical customer service.
- Work in the nonprofit and philanthropic sector highly desirable.
- A commitment to issues relating to human rights and social justice required.
- Administration of Microsoft SharePoint infrastructure including workflows and site development is preferred.
- Experience with cloud‐managed network and mobile device management platforms.
- Experience supporting enterprise-level video conferencing systems – knowledge of Polycom room systems, Crestron and Bluejeans a plus.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Group Policy, and administration of Office 365 a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing end-user training preferred.
- Familiarity with digital security risks faced by organizations that support human rights.
- Experience supporting grant management databases.
- Experience delivering technology for an organization with staff who travel frequently, including to remote locations with limited IT resources and internet bandwidth.
- Proven track record managing IT projects and vendors.
- Available to travel between NY and DC monthly.
- Available to travel to domestic conferences as needed, and internationally once a year (conditions permitting).
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $65,000‐$73,000 based on experience. Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, and is committed to providing transgender-inclusive healthcare.
ABOUT WELLSPRING PHILANTHROPIC FUND
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC.
Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
- Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential and should be accountable to these ends.
- The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
- Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
- As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
For more information on Wellspring Philanthropic Fund, please visit www.wpfund.org.
As a private foundation, Wellspring’s key functions are to conduct research and education tailored to our mission; manage a grantmaking portfolio of various programs, administer grants and monitoring grantee performance; and work to promote the effectiveness of programs that receive donor funding.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund believes we are strengthened by the diversity of our staff, and welcomes such diversity including race, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and persons with disabilities to apply. We actively cultivate an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity, and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world.
Wellspring hires, promotes and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as on the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Foundation’s service needs and business requirements. All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law, e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior criminal convictions, as well as educational attainment.
How to Apply
For employment consideration, please submit application to Neil Walker (NWalker@gothamtg.com). Applications must include the following attachments (all in PDF format)
- a resumé;
- a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity and salary requirements (must specify actual amount and range); and
No phone calls please.