IT Apple Technologist – Part Time
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have twelve centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college–we prepare them to succeed in the 21st-century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The IT Apple Technologists responsible for supporting the organization’s Apple Swift Coding project by (1) supporting the provision and maintenance of Apple technology (iPads, Macbooks, charging carts, and other peripherals); (2)account provisioning and tech inventory tracking; (3)and assist in troubleshooting tech issues to ensure the smooth functioning and success of the project.
The IT Apple Technologist will work closely with the IT team in partnership with other program and operational departments in support of strong technology systems. The IT Apple Technologist will report to the IT Manager.
Though occurring mainly during project hours, responsibilities may occasionally require working evenings or weekends. Work is performed primarily on-site at Bay Area or Sacramento locations, with regular virtual meetings, and occasional onsite meetings in National (Oakland) HQ.
SupportTechnology for CT/Apple Swift Coding project
- Unbox, cable, label, inventory, boot up and configure iPads, Macbooks, and related peripherals for the project
- Provision accounts and access to apps in iPads and Macbooks, support program team in troubleshooting access and related issues
- Act as an on-site first-tier tech support resource and liaison for project staff and users on tech issues
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the IT Apple Technologist must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Comfort and confidence working with recent computer technology as an end-user, specifically, Apple iPads, Macbooks, Gmail, and Google Apps (Calendar, Drive), network printing, and Zoom video conferencing.
- Demonstrated interest and success in providing support to users with varying levels of technical skill, with the ability to listen carefully to user needs and challenges and respond with a high level of customer service
- Able to lift and handle packages and equipment approximately 50lbs each
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional people skills, with an ability to build relationships with diverse departments, collaborators and program staff, and navigate uncertainty.
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution.
- Takes pride in self, work, and organization leading such that every task is performed at a high level of aptitude.
- Desire to grow through continuous improvement and achieve personal mastery.
- A history of achieving results and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to reach goals.
- A constant learner who is interested in being a proactive, positive member of the team, seeking ways to utilize resources creatively and efficiently.
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries, please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website!