Interactive Marketing Manager (Seattle, WA)
$ 55K+ DOE exempt, full-time with excellent health and leave benefits
Girl Scouts of Western Washington. Yep, we do cookies…and so much more to develop girls into leaders.
Project Management! Technical Strategy! Interactive Marketing! Oh my! Bring your collaborative and inclusive style to our small marketing team to mentor and partner on delivery of our internal and external communications. Wrap your arms around ambiguity and start from the ground up to formulate a successful interactive marketing strategy. If you are creative with a penchant for all things technical, we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you? A great opportunity to be a part of our collaborative team, and champion our mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Plus, we’ve got benefits! Starting with three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, paid parental leave and a two week paid holiday break. We’ve got you covered for individual health, wellness and 403b retirement benefits too. Need a day off for volunteerism and professional development? No Problem! Seattle office = on- site gym + free parking!
Girl Scouts of Western Washington strives to be an organization that is welcoming to people from every facet of our community. Girl Scouts of Western Washington values diversity. Girl Scouts is a welcoming, inclusive organization. Girl Scouts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Set content strategy for online channels, including social media, blog, website and email newsletters. Create and maintain project plans and content schedules.
- Develop sophisticated yet fun, concise yet persuasive copy to meet the needs of different audiences and communication channels. Write, edit, and optimize high-quality, engaging content.
- Mentor and coordinate projects for a team of cross-functional staff who perform the day-to-day execution of social media messaging, website maintenance and email newsletter production.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase website usage. Oversee and think creatively about the user experience to ensure ease of use and visitor engagement.
- Solicit and manage member-driven content, such as web pages, blog posts, video clips, social media interactions, etc.
- Proactively research and recommend features and technologies to increase our engagement with new media and improve other online communications.
- Monitor daily online conversation. Participate in the conversation (comments, posts, email, etc.) to engage users and support the organization’s brand.
- Monitor, analyze and report on online metrics to determine audience demographic trends, preferred content and engagement opportunities.
- Serve as primary marketing liaison with internal and external IT vendors.
- Work with the marketing team to collaboratively set the vision, schedule, and overall plan for integrated marketing campaigns and troubleshoot potential issues.
- As part of the marketing team, help communicate marketing goals, campaigns, and tasks to Girl Scout staff.
- As part of the marketing team, manage the organization’s brand to ensure consistency.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related field or equivalent education and work experience.
- Three years’ professional experience writing and editing online content, plus two years’ experience creating and implementing successful online campaigns.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to independently oversee and manage projects from conception to completion. Ability to prioritize and manage competing projects and deadlines. Proactively identify, communicate and collaborate to solve problems.
- Exceptional writing, editing and storytelling skills, as well as a keen eye for proofreading and impeccable grammar.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more CMS.
- Experience ensuring consistent and effective portrayal of the organization’s brand and identity. Strong sense of professionalism and social media etiquette in order to appropriately represent the brand.
- Excellent design sense, particularly an understanding of formatting for the web.
- Highly collaborative team player with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work cooperatively.
- Maintain membership in Girl Scouts of the United States of America.
- Satisfactory results from criminal background search.
- Experience at a non-profit organization.
- A basic knowledge of HTML and/or CSS.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and engage volunteers, particularly bloggers or other content producers.
- Demonstrated understanding of emerging online trends and technologies. Ability to quickly learn and troubleshoot new and existing technologies.
- Experience with database management and list segmentation.
- Experience analyzing and reporting on campaign-related data to improve results.
- Basic knowledge of any Adobe Creative Suite application, particularly Photoshop for resizing and optimizing graphics for the web.
- Experience planning, managing and implementing effective social media and email campaigns and a passion for using these tools to engage and build community.
- Knowledge of website usability concepts and techniques.
About Girl Scouts of Western Washington
Girl Scouts is committed to providing leadership development programs that serve every girl. We currently serve over 25,000 girls in partnership with nearly 13,000 volunteers throughout seventeen counties in western Washington. Some girls in our communities face sometimes overwhelming obstacles. We demonstrate our commitment to serving every girl through programs that serve daughters of incarcerated parents, girls in low income schools and girls in low income housing communities, residential care centers, and foster or kinship care environments. In addition to our headquarters, we operate field offices located in Bellevue, Bremerton, DuPont and Everett, as well as six camp properties: Camp Lyle Mcleod and Camp St. Albans near Belfair, Camp Robbinswold on the Hood Canal, Camp Evergreen near Longview, Camp Klahanee near Hoquiam and Camp River Ranch, near Carnation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer