Information Technology System Integration Specialist
National Employment Law Project
The National Employment Law Project (NELP) is searching for a highly skilled and motivated System Integration Specialist (SIS) to provide end-to-end ownership of various integrations in place and under development. The SIS will play a key role in deploying and supporting system integrations that enable the organization to scale. In addition, SIS will leverage their knowledge of vendor capabilities, master data management, onboard new users and architect best practices to create and support a seamless, compliant, and user-friendly systems experience. This role is responsible for scoping and information-gathering efforts, working with cross-functional teams and operations to implement, monitor, and resolve quality or performance issues across all digital platforms.
WHO WE ARE:
NELP is a national non-profit with offices in New York, Washington, D.C., and Berkeley, promoting federal, state, and local policies designed to ensure that all workers and all who aspire to work—particularly people of color, women and the unemployed—can achieve and sustain economic opportunity and security through their labor. In furtherance of this mission, NELP works to dismantle structural racism, reduce economic inequality, and build worker power. For more information, see www.nelp.org.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
In this role, you will work with the IT Director prioritizing critical system enhancements to automate processes to scale efficiencies and drive digitization. You will drive operational excellence and will partner with the operations team to create technology solutions and automation. You’ll also be deeply involved in the deployment of the new integration, working cross-functionally with the operations, development, program and strategy teams to ensure the data needs of adjacent systems are met. You should have an aptitude for thinking outside the box, enjoy critical thinking and organization.
- Work with IT Director to architect, design, build, and implement application integrations.
- Deploy and manage new Learning Management System.
- Develop integration solutions and document the design in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable standards and functional requirements.
- Work on multiple parallel projects simultaneously while remaining agile to accommodate shifting priorities.
- Partner with internal/external teams to test and deploy solutions.
- Own end-to-end testing with vendors, support team, and end users.
- Manage feature releases and platform deployments.
- Champion data integrity by collaborating with program and strategy teams to address gaps or areas of opportunity.
- Document slow performing application areas and determine bottle necks and opportunities for performance enhancements.
- Create custom reports and automate reporting processes.
- Participate in team meetings to provide insight into technical needs and requirements.
- Coordinate directly with end users to best understand and analyze project needs and specifications.
- Continuously assess existing integration architecture to deliver performance improvements while reducing complexity and potential for errors.
- Research system operating deficiencies with a strong sense of ownership and develop solutions to address the problems.
- Stay informed of emerging technologies and how they can be applied to enable change and help accelerate innovation.
- Manage new user setup, training, and onboarding to organization technologies.
- Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot and resolve integration errors.
- Manage resolution of integration errors and tracking incident status.
- Maintain self-help portal and procedural documentation.
- Serve as primary internal subject matter expert for deployed technologies.
- Proactively advise desktop support and end users on feature releases that would make existing processes more efficient.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or computer information systems preferred or comparable experience supporting business information systems.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience supporting business information systems.
- Familiarity with IT standards such as GDPR, CCPA, NYPA, SSAE SOC2, ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA/HITECH, NIST, ITIL.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and cloud applications.
- Proficiency in working with all types of operating systems.
- Practical experience working with a variety of software applications:
- Content management systems, (Dropbox, Google Workspace)
- Customer relationship management systems (Hubspot, Salesforce)
- Project management software (Jira, Monday.com, Airtable)
- Cloud-delivered unified communications (Ringcentral, Shortel, Zoom)
- Learning management systems (Canvas, Adobe Captivate Prime)
- Committed to building your racial equity competencies and you are continuously learning, reflecting, and growing.
- Ability to design and facilitate group trainings on various systems.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.
LOCATION, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
In response to the pandemic, all staff are currently working remotely and are not traveling. When conditions are amenable, the position will be based in the New York, Washington, D.C. and Berkeley California office. This position is in NELP’s bargaining unit, represented by National Organization of Legal Service Workers, UAW Local 2320. Classification and compensation for NELP bargaining unit positions is commensurate with relevant experience and education and based on NELP’s collectively bargained scales. Based on our union scale, the salary range for a NELP Information Technology System Integration Specialist with a Bachelor’s degree and 4 to 5 years of relevant experience is $70,000 to $75,000. Compensation also includes an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including full-coverage of family health insurance, a medical reimbursement plan, generous vacation and sick leave, contribution from employer to a retirement plan, and student loan repayment assistance for qualifying participants.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to our hiring portal: https://nationalemploymentlawproject.applytojob.com/apply/N3Y2Ck6CHV/Information-Technology-System-Integration-Specialist
NELP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and an equal opportunity, fair chance, affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.