Information Technology Specialist
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that is helping to change our world for the better? If so, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM) might be the perfect place for you.
Our campus and offices are in the heart of Old Town Chinatown, in the LEED Gold certified remodel of the former Globe Hotel building. Tom McCall Waterfront Park and the Willamette River are just a block away. You’ll also enjoy easy access to the MAX Light Rail, other mass transit, and cycling routes.
OCOM is a nonprofit graduate medical school in Portland, Oregon. Our mission is to transform health care by educating highly skilled and compassionate practitioners, providing exemplary patient care, and engaging in innovative research within a community of service and healing. OCOM’s primary activities are providing studies for specialized graduate degrees; operating two teaching clinics, providing affordable care for patients and hands-on experience for student interns; and conducting acupuncture and Chinese medicine research. For more information about the college, please visit ocom.edu.
We are seeking an Information Technology Specialist to join our academic team.
This position is responsible for IT support and training for the entire campus community, mainly focused on OCOM’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. The first year will be concentrated on the implementation of the EHR system, including working with the software vendor to ensure a smooth and timely rollout, and training of end-users and administrators on use of the new system. This position will also require preparation and maintenance of tablets used for the EHR system. Non-EHR related IT tasks will also be required at times during the first year, expanding more as the implementation of the EHR system progresses.
This is a full-time benefit position. The salary range is $48,000-50,000.
- Working with the vendor of OCOM’s new EHR system for the setup and implementation of the software
- Preparation and maintenance of tablets used for the EHR system
- Training clinic students, faculty, and staff on the use of the EHR system
- Ability to write simple EHR database queries to help clinical staff and researchers
General IT Support
- Assist the Office of Information Systems and Technology with basic Help Desk tasks (e.g. answer and triage incoming Help Desk calls, computer navigation, printer configuration, etc.)
- Development and documentation of policies, procedures, and workflows
- Ability to work with and train a diverse population with varying tech literacy in a pleasant and constructive manner
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- iPad or iOS – large deployment experience strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as within a team
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; college degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of IT support experience in a technology in the medicine, higher education, and/or related field is strongly preferred
- One+ years experience working with any electronic medical record system
- Experience training groups of people in technology
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume (.pdf format only) to HR@ocom.edu. In your cover letter, please answer the question, “How would this position at OCOM fit with your long-term professional goals?”