Washington Trails Association (WTA) seeks a forward‐thinking project manager and technology administrator to have broad oversight of WTA’s technology infrastructure and business applications. This role will contribute to strategy conversations and ensure that IT systems are optimized to support WTA’s strategic direction. The IT manager will maintain a high level of expertise in Salesforce CRM and Plone CMS, as well as connected applications. The IT Manager position requires an organized, self‐motivated team player who can collaborate successfully with non‐technical staff and technical vendors.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced professional to take ownership of WTA’s suite of technology tools. The ideal candidate is a creative and tech-savvy professional who is passionate about WTA’s mission and has a proven track record of managing successful technology projects. A strong candidate will demonstrate strong project management skills, genuine interest in helping people and the ability to develop efficient operational business processes. The ability to collaborate with peers to make decisions is also critical for success in this position. The IT Project Manager will report to the Director of Finance and Operations, and will work closely with several core teams and senior staff. This position is located in Seattle and is a full-time, exempt position. The position supervises the Database Administrator.
Responsibilities will include the following:
IT Infrastructure and Business Solutions Management
- Using current knowledge of technology trends and best practices, set internal technology strategy to meet programmatic goals
- Maintain organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by supporting strategic plans through researching and developing technology solutions
- Identify and recommend to senior leadership technology strategies, policies and procedure improvements
- Ensure that core data systems are functioning well, up to date and able to meet current and emerging program needs
- Collaborate with staff to enhance usability of data systems and data quality
- Manage multiple concurrent projects, including project budgets
- dentify and maintain prioritized list of future projects in collaboration with other staff
- Develop and implement effective training plans for users and maintain technical support documents
- Set security policies and procedures. Plan and implement disaster recovery procedures
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education and networking
Projects and Collaboration
- Manage consultants to support Salesforce, Plone-based website and smartphone app on Android and iPhone.
- Assist in organization evaluation efforts, including data collection for reporting metrics
- Participate in Board IT committee meetings
- Participate in or convene staff teams as needed for projects
- Supervise the Database Administrator
- Collaborate with Database Administrator to maintain Salesforce database, including contact data management and design, data entry and imports, reporting, administration and cleanup.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics to optimize use of the Salesforce database and integrated communications/engagement platforms; including Campaign Monitor, Phone2Action, Plone CMS, and other tools to support the organization’s programs.
- Broad understanding of technology products, trends and best practices in a business setting. Advanced knowledge of Salesforce, experience with website CMS.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory and planning skills. Demonstrated success collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team
- Experience and aptitude to make strategic level recommendations and guide decisions that influence the direction of the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal skills. Ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non‐technical colleagues, stakeholders and vendors
- Project management skills and strong organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and manage multiple projects with competing demands while maintaining a commitment to excellence
- Ability to work independently, adapt to changes in the work environment and react calmly to frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to integrate equity values and goals into all aspects of your work
- A commitment to WTA’s mission to help people be explorers, stewards and champions of trails and public lands