Information Technology Director
Grand Canyon Trust
The information technology director (ITD) will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the Grand Canyon Trust, working closely with staff to assess and address user and organization-wide needs. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities. The ITD administers the computer help-desk function for staff and ensures all pertinent information systems function at the highest capacity.
The Trust has its main office in Flagstaff, Arizona with a satellite office in Denver as well as several home offices in Durango, Moab and Salt Lake City.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems and software, including in-house and cloud-based servers, desktops, laptops, all operating system types, telephone, software applications, and peripherals.
- Provides solutions for staff to remotely access office computers.
- Develops and maintains network security procedures including firewalls, anti-malware, and user access policies.
- Maintains PCI compliance for systems and network used in processing credit card information.
- Develops and maintains a backup and disaster recovery plan for personnel and organization.
- Manages all financial objectives related to information technology by forecasting purchases and system requirements/upgrades, prepares an annual budget, schedules expenditures, and reviews budgets for variances and /or corrective action.
- Maintains professional technical knowledge and determines what new technology solutions will enhance business practices, increase efficiency, and meet system requirements; works with staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance information services, and improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
Assists the GIS Program with monitoring, maintenance, and implementation of cloud-based instances running ArcGIS Server.
- Ensures the creation and maintenance of all manuals and written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Maintains documentation of hardware, software, and IT supplies inventory.
- Seeks continuing education on emerging technology and best practices.
- Negotiates and administers vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Supports the Trust’s overall mission and follows all standards, policies, procedures and confidentiality guidelines.
- Serves as the main point of contact on all IT-related matters.
- Trains new and existing staff in the use of IT tools.
- Prioritizes daily tasks and responds to staff requests in a timely manner with a projected completion date, using layman’s terminology.
- Maintains regular communications with the senior director of administration regarding pertinent activities.
- Proactively advocates for the use of the tools we have, communicates with staff to increase user satisfaction, and improves internal processes by identifying foreseeable needs and evaluating solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of progressive IT experience.
- Experience with MS Server and Windows networking
- Experience with AWS, elastic block store (EBS), AIMs, network & security, or similar cloud-based servers.
- Experience with VOIP systems
- Working knowledge of CRM databases, MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite products, and websites preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and evaluative skills.
- Ability to promote a positive work environment.
How to Apply
Visit our website to apply. https://www.grandcanyontrust.org/information-technology-director