Information Systems & Technology Specialist
About Urban Teachers
Our mission is to improve educational and life outcomes of children in urban schools by preparing culturally competent, effective career teachers who accelerate student achievement and disrupt systems of racial and socioeconomic inequity. Urban Teachers accomplishes this by recruiting outstanding candidates, equipping them with state-of-the-art training, and linking their certification to their demonstration of effective teaching practices and skills. Our residents and teachers will provide the necessary proof points to make a national case for educator effectiveness and accountability. Learn more about Urban Teachers on our website: http://www.urbanteachers.org
The Information Technology Specialist is a collaborative member of the Technology Team. You will be the first point of contact with the Technology Team for our staff & faculty. While primarily a Service Desk position, this role will be integral to multiple ongoing and upcoming technology projects and there is room to grow & develop professionally. This position will report to the Director of Information Systems & Technology and will work primarily out of our Baltimore, MD office, with some time in our Washington, DC offices.
Target Start Date: November 1, 2019
Location: National Office – Baltimore, MD
- Provide technical support to the organization through email, phone, chat & internal ticketing system
- Assist in the technology aspects of on-boarding and training new employees
- Provide technical guidance on best practices and implementation of Urban Teachers’ applications and platforms
- Assist with system administrator duties on various software solutions including, but not limited to, Google Suite, Box, Asana, O365 apps, Slack and Zendesk
- Assist with other technology platforms and data systems, such as Salesforce, as needed
- Problem-solve technology issues with other technology staff to ensure seamless execution of processes
- Ensure technology systems adhere to organization-wide policies
- Maintain technology assets
- Routinely analyze issues to assess and make recommendations for improvement to support the organization
- Participate in Technology Team projects and cross-team projects
- 2 years of experience in a similar or closely related role required or college degree
- Independent thinker with strong analytical skills and proactive problem-solver
- Comfortable with and excited about working in nonprofit technology
- Exceptional organizational skill
- Flexible, team player who thrives in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to understand others’ perspectives
- Ability to break a project down into concrete and actionable steps and to complete those steps in a set timeline
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Urban Teachers Values
WE SERVE CHILDREN.
Children are the center of our work. We rely on the communities we serve to guide and inform the decisions we make about our curriculum, program and practice.
WE ARE AN ANTI-RACIST ORGANIZATION.
We are committed to ongoing knowledge seeking, reflection, and action to deliberately oppose racism. We are an inclusive organization that values the diversity of people, backgrounds and perspectives. We are active allies who pursue justice in the communities in which we live and work.
WE ARE LIFE-LONG LEARNERS.
We are dedicated to continuous improvement, innovation and excellence. We strive to be on the forefront of what is best for teacher education and students based on research and practice.
WE VALUE EACH OTHER.
We value each other as whole people. We are servant leaders who foster a supportive working environment that is empathetic and caring, and values direct, constructive feedback.
Urban Teachers does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national and ethnic origin in hiring and employment, nor in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and other programs.
How to Apply