Information Systems Coordinator
The Piedmont Environmental Council
The Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that has proudly promoted and protected the natural resources, rural economy, history and beauty of the Virginia Piedmont since 1972. PEC empowers residents to protect what makes the Piedmont a wonderful place, and works with citizens to conserve land, protect air and water quality, celebrate historic resources, build smart transportation networks, promote sustainable energy choices, restore wildlife habitat and improve people’s access to nature.
The Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) is seeking to hire an Information Systems Coordinator to assist with data management, special projects, and provide ongoing support for the organization’s information systems and related technologies. This position is an exciting opportunity to work with industry-leading tools, grow skills, and apply both technical and creative abilities to help PEC fully leverage its data and information systems to increase organizational efficiency and impact.
Description of Position
The Information Systems Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of tasks and functions that support the organization’s daily operations, special initiatives, and long-term strategic efforts.
- CRM database management: import and enter data, ensure accuracy and integrity of data by performing regular audits and cleanup, make changes to the database structure, follow good data governance and security practices
- Produce regular reports and updates on key metrics
- Assist with ongoing systems integration, optimization, automation, and security efforts
- Create and maintain documentation and training resources, promote knowledge sharing
- Assist with planning, implementation, migrations, training, and support of new services and tools
- Work collaboratively with other staff to create digital products such as websites, templates, graphics, and data visualizations
- Assist with setup, management, training, and support of equipment including tablets, point-of-sale systems, laptops, VoIP phones, printers, and A/V equipment
- Work with our Managed IT Services Provider and other vendors to coordinate repairs, system changes and updates as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Some examples of special projects include:
- Implementing a new system to track and manage conservation projects and contacts
- Migrating our donor database from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce
- Creating forms and templates to improve our workflows
- Assisting with website projects
- Training staff on using iPads in field work and at events
This is a full-time, non-exempt position based at PEC’s headquarters office in Warrenton, VA and reports to PEC’s Director of Information Systems.
- 3-5 years experience working with CRM databases such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or EveryAction
- 1-3 years experience working with data, queries, and analytics
- 1-3 years experience working with digital engagement tools for fundraising, advocacy, email marketing
- Comfortable working with Google Suite and Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
- Experience working with websites, graphic design, or data visualization is a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Interest, ability, and willingness to learn new tools, strategies, and best practices
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Can work both independently and collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working at a nonprofit
- Dedication to PEC’s mission of smart growth, conservation, and restoration
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required — this position occasionally requires travel to other offices and locations
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
In addition to your salary, you will be eligible to participate in health, disability, term life insurance benefits, and a 403(b) employee pension plan. Upon employment, you will be entitled to paid holidays and will begin accruing personal leave as designated in the PEC Employee Handbook.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.