Impact & Evaluation Coordinator
The Impact & Evaluation Coordinator is part of a collaborative and diverse NTEN team. We are all inspired by and accountable to our mission, our community, and each other. The Impact & Evaluation Coordinator will work collaboratively with all staff to build systems for managing, evaluating, and reporting on our projects and programs, as well as building the systems to distribute direct funding to community member organizations and evaluate the impact of our work.
The Impact & Evaluation Coordinator reports to the Sr. Manager of Equity and Accountability, and will work closely with the CEO, CPO, and the Sr. Development Manager. As a member of the NTEN team, the Impact & Evaluation Coordinator shares in the overall success for NTEN’s programs and services, while directly supporting the evaluation and accountability for those efforts. The Impact & Evaluation Coordinator provides critical review, analysis, and assessment in their support to all internal and external NTEN programs and processes, collaborating with staff across the organization to identify areas of assessment and evaluation, effectiveness, data-storytelling, mission alignment, and greater impact.
- In coordination with Development Manager, Equity & Accountability Manager, and others, complete grant reports with qualitative and quantitative content on impact
- Develop retroactive reporting and documentation systems for longitudinal storytelling of NTEN’s programs and reach
- In coordination with Development Manager, Finance & Operations Director, and others, create systems to document grant deliverables and budgets
- Participates in project planning and assists in project scheduling; ensures compliance with all stipulations and requirements included in initial and ongoing grant approval
- In collaboration with Sr. Manager of Equity and Accountability, CEO, and evaluation experts, build best practices that work with and are in alignment with our Logic Models, Theories of Change, and assessment methods.
- Develop appropriate assessment methodologies that are sufficiently flexible to honor the entire spectrum of effect coming from our efforts using statistical analysis, impact metrics, and other measuring tools.
- Manage implementation of assessments with related teams or individual staff, supporting timelines and completion
- Manage data throughout the evaluation process, from data gathering coordination through data management and review, to early analysis.
- Support the creation of Impact evaluation, including background and supporting research for current and future Impact Evaluations, as well as survey development management.
- Manage outreach to nonresponsive participants to ensure maximum evaluation response rates
- Assist with the creation, management, and implementation of an innovative assessment method that measures our progress toward our mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Regularly monitor applicant status and provide updates to relevant teams
- Prepares status reports on project progress and submits to appropriate individuals or agencies; ensures timely submission of required reports/documentation to appropriate agencies/individuals.
- Embrace NTEN’s mission, values, and commitment to equity and liberation.
- 2+ years related work experience preferred
- Affinity for and interest in increasing skills with technology tools including Google Apps, Salesforce, and WordPress
- Affinity for and interest in increasing skills associated with data analysis, data visualization, grant management and reporting, and program implementation.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively with others on common goals and projects
- Experience with data analysis techniques and tools used for accountability and impact measurement for technology’s role in serving social justice and equity preferred
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with NTEN values
- Personal interest and drive to learn and grow on the job
- Experience communicating and working with a distributed team
NTEN is based in Portland, Oregon. We are hoping to hire locally where support from the most number of team members is possible, but are open to applicants based anywhere in the U.S. with the expectation that non-local applicants would be remote staff working from their homes. Domestic travel and extended hours will be required one week per year to the Nonprofit Technology Conference (the NTC is currently virtual until it is safe to return to in-person events), and may be required for other in-person events up to 3 times/year (once a return to travel and in-person events is safe).
Salary and benefits:
This is a full-time (40 hours a week) position with a starting salary of $45,000 annually. NTEN works to provide quality benefits including 100% of medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits covered by NTEN, 401(k) with available matching contributions from NTEN, Flexible Spending Account, flexible work hours, and 30 paid days off/year minimum.
NTEN is focused on professional development for all staff and is eager to hire someone interested in learning and developing their skills in this role. As noted, there are no specific education, training, or certification requirements for this position; we are committed to providing comprehensive training for whomever is hired.
We believe that the team and our impact are made greater by the diversity of our staff. NTEN is an intentionally collaborative organization, committed to consensus decision-making and team accountability. Our values and commitment to equity and liberation guide our decisions through hiring, program design, community engagement, event planning, and beyond. Please review the Working at NTEN page to learn more about our benefits and team.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume materials using the application form above.
Your cover letter should address your specific interest in NTEN’s mission and include information about previous experience or interest as related to the responsibilities outlined above. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and all applicants will receive acknowledgement of their application and/or request for an interview as appropriate. NTEN is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions about NTEN or this position, please email email@example.com.