Job Title: Help Desk Technician/IT Consultant
Job Type: 40 hours per week Full Time position
Schedule: Occasional nights and/or weekends required
Travel: Travel to local client sites is an integral part of the position.
Required Documents: Resume and detailed cover letter
The Help Desk Technician will act as the first point of contact for end users seeking problem resolution at one or more of Owia Technology’s clients. The position requires a basic level of familiarity with Windows and Macintosh technologies and a willingness to learn rapidly. A professional, personable demeanor is essential as is a relentless dedication to customer service. We are willing to train the right candidate in specific products and/or technologies.
We offer an exciting work environment with an interesting and diverse client base. You will be dealing with cutting-edge products and high profile clients, most of which are located in downtown Washington, D.C.
The successful candidate will be intelligent, detailed, accountable and flexible with the dedication to go the extra mile to solve problems and delight our clients. Advanced people and communications skills are likewise critical to success.
Specific Duties Include (but are not limited to):
· Primary responsibilities are user support and customer service. Must be available to users requiring technical assistance via e-mail, phone, help desk ticketing system and in-person.
· Travel to one or more client sites to provide in-person support, conduct basic maintenance and assist with more complex projects such as hardware deployment.
· Follow standard help desk operating procedures, which include tracking and resolution of all user issues.
· Routine maintenance on PC hardware, applications, operating systems, printers and other peripherals.
· Documenting and improving support and other processes.
· Other duties as assigned by the principal consultant.
· At least 2-3 years’ experience in providing support to users in a work environment.
· Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Interest in information technology.
· Strong working knowledge of recent versions of Microsoft Windows.
· Strong knowledge of commonplace business software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat products; basic Internet applications such as web browsers, web-based email.
· Knowledge and ability configuring and maintaining PC and/or Apple end-user computer hardware (and OS).
· Familiarity with basic networking (TCP/IP and WiFi) technologies.
· Willingness and ability to rapidly learn about new products, services and client needs.
· Degree or relevant certifications preferred.
· Direct experience in helpdesk or IT support roles.
· Familiarity with Macintosh hardware and Mac OS.
· Knowledge of Windows system and/or network administration.
· Basic hardware repair experience.
· Familiarity with BlackBerry and other smartphone technology.
· Knowledge of WAN/LAN/telecommunication technologies.
· Knowledge of Microsoft server technology, particularly Windows 2008 and Microsoft Exchange Server.
· Cloud computing and virtual computing experience.
· Basic knowledge of information and computer security.
Owia Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. EOE.