Grantmaking Systems Analyst (Fluxx or Salesforce Administrator)
1892 consulting, LLC
1892 consulting is a women-owned, women-led consulting firm that was founded in 2014 to help foundations operate more effectively and efficiently by streamlining grantmaking practices and selecting and adopting appropriate technologies. The 1892 consulting team is currently staffed by a distributed team, including one managing partner, two senior consultants, and one consultant. As individuals, our consultants have spent their careers working in top-tier private and corporate foundations. We are strategic thinkers and thought leaders who truly understand the beginning-to-end grantmaking process, values-based grantmaking practices, and philanthropy culture. Since its inception, the firm has supported projects at over 50 private, family, and corporate foundations to implement organization-wide process and system changes.
The Grantmaking Systems Analyst provides technical, administrator-level grantmaking system configuration support for 1892 consulting’s foundation partners. The goal of this role is to enable 1892 consulting to reach additional foundation partners with further enhanced grantmaking systems and improve the experiences for foundation staff, applicants, grantees, and other users.
This full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position reports to the Senior Consultant in Michigan. The Grantmaking Systems Analyst may also support the firm’s other consultants in a similar context and can expect to work on 5-6 active projects concurrently. While no specific location is sought for this position, the ability to work within the East Coast time zone is preferred. In addition, regular travel to foundation partner offices is anticipated once offices re-open.
This mid-level, technical position is an opportunity to learn more about the field of philanthropy through its engagement with a number of foundation partners, as well as to apply strong technology and system orientation to best support foundations and their work.
Support technical system configuration and documentation for foundation partners.
- Attend foundation partner meetings and document requirements for requested system configuration updates and deadlines.
- Work closely with the Senior Consultant to collaboratively design, configure, test, and launch updates on foundation partner grantmaking systems, with a goal toward working more independently on technical system administration and configuration with experience.
- Build ad hoc and Excel reports for foundation partners to allow them to extract data from their grantmaking systems for further analysis.
- Develop and update training materials for foundation staff, applicants, grantees, and other users.
- Deliver topic-based instruction to foundation staff, as needed.
- Engage in online communities to explore how other foundations are using their system and make recommendations on best practices.
- Partner in the development of system release notes and recommendations for 1892 consulting’s foundation partners.
- Document system configuration practices and solutions for ongoing learning by the full 1892 consulting team.
- Provide project management support, including tracking deadlines, ownership, and progress.
- Provide calendaring support for the Senior Consultant, as needed
Support 1892 consulting’s ongoing growth and evolution.
- Pitch-in across the company as important deadlines or events approach.
- Participate in company-wide meetings and culture-building exercises.
- Stay engaged in the broader philanthropic sector conversations.
- Pursue ongoing professional development opportunities to continue to grow and learn.
While candidates are not expected to have experience in all areas, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 5+ years of experience working in a grantmaking organization.
- At least two years performing technical, back-end administration and configuration in a grantmaking system, preferably Fluxx or Salesforce. Please note any Fluxx or Salesforce certifications completed.
- Experience writing and editing liquid code and HTML for system configuration and reporting.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Inquisitive personality with strong creative and technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to think strategically when identifying and exploring solutions.
- Interest in understanding how technology can best be utilized to foster more balanced, equitable partnerships with foundations and grantees.
- Proven project management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills, with excellent follow-through.
- Keen attention to the detail required to document implemented solutions.
- The ability to communicate effectively, collaboratively, and diplomatically across a broad range of internal and external constituents.
- Able to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality with critical and sensitive information.
- A strong sense of teamwork, humor, and integrity.
- Able and willing to quickly learn and use tools such as Google Suite, Slack, and Asana.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The target starting salary for this position is $115,000 to $135,000 per year, depending on skills and experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package is also offered.
Our success is dependent on our ability to build an inclusive and high-performing team that includes people with different experiences who can offer broader perspectives to our organizational thinking and culture. We value and respect diversity in its many forms, and we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Grantmaking Systems Analyst” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please describe your experience working as a Fluxx or Salesforce administrator as well as your interest in the position and in working as a consultant.