Fundraising Systems Assistant
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $265 million annually in funds to meet the financial needs of our organization which allows MSF to carry out its mission effectively and efficiently.
The Development Systems team serves the entire Development Department by supporting all fundraising operations, from massive multi-step, omni-channel marketing campaigns to supporting the growth of high touch relationships with major donors, foundations, and corporations.
Under the supervision of the Fundraising Systems Manager and in daily collaboration with all Fundraising System team members, provides all necessary administrative support to MSF’s fundraising operations. Ensures gift processing and updates to donor accounts in MSF’s donor database are performed with the utmost attention to detail and data quality; takes primary responsibility for regular data entry and data hygiene routines.
I. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Fundraising Systems and Data Quality Control (85%)
– Develops working knowledge of MSF’s donor database, systems, and coding.
– Performs daily and weekly quality control and data hygiene routines; reports trends in data problems to Fundraising Systems Manager. Supports data hygiene projects under direction of supervisor.
– Cross-trains on other Fundraising Systems functions to provide coverage of other staff as needed.
– Takes full responsibility for data entry and data corrections in donor database of record.
– Performs specific transaction uploads.
– Merges, prints and mails large volumes of donor correspondence.
– Supports quality control of all donation upload files to verify accuracy and timeliness with support of Fundraising System Associate in charge of database input files.
– Performs quality control of the following functions: general gift processing, tribute processing, and data maintenance to ensure the quality and timeliness of these functions.
– Performs quality control of acknowledgment (gift receipt) files as needed with support of Fundraising Systems Associate in charge of database output files.
– Supports team in identifying and addressing routine operational problems regarding data processing and reporting encountered by other staff.
– Provides guidance to high-touch groups in the handling of specific transactions.
– Assists Manager and Associates with diverse tasks, as assigned.
VENDOR MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT (10%)
– Assists in answering questions from and training staff at MSF’s caging/keying vendor.
– Performs quality control for tribute keying of new personnel at caging/keying vendor as requested by supervisor.
– Assists the Operations Associates with answering all other types of vendor questions.
PLANNING & MANAGEMENT (5%)
Contributes to the creation and implementation of an annual Operations plan, designed to continually improve the efficacy and efficiency of departmental systems.
Attends staff meetings and several annual office-wide debates to participate in information sharing across all departments, and stay informed on important MSF topics to be able to contribute to the organization’s ongoing development.
II. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Trains and helps in the supervision of the Seasonal Fundraising Systems Assistant.
III. Fiscal Responsibility
Contributes to the generation of revenue by helping to maintain the accuracy and timeliness of revenue recording, which allows us to provide high quality service to our donors. Is responsible for maintaining the privacy of donors’ personal and financial data.
- Minimum 2 years’ administrative work experience in an office environment plus BA; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent keyboarding skills with the ability to produce high volume, high quality data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Affinity for and facility with numbers.
- Computer literate with strong skills in word processing and spreadsheets, familiarity with databases, and ability to learn new Windows-based programs.
- Organized, extremely detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and work under pressure, with a flair for creative problem solving.
- Fundraising software experience a strong plus.
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to NYC metro area (no relocation package offered).
- US work authorization.
Open Ended Contract
Desired Hiring Date
30, January 2018