Full Funnel Marketing Manager
Progressive Power Lab
Who We Are
Progressive Power Lab (PPL) provides management and marketing services to nonprofit and for-profit organizations moving millions of people and dollars into action to realize democracy, achieve justice, and restore our environment.
The family of PPL partners includes:
- Membership Drive – Membership Drive provides cutting-edge Salesforce Apps that enable nonprofits and companies to enlist people in their causes. Our first App, The Field, is available on the Salesforce AppExchange for all sales, political, and fundraising canvasses. Membership Drive tools are built to support the work of progressive organizations and are available to anyone in the Salesforce AppExchange marketplace.
- Progressive Multiplier – The Progressive Multiplier is a funding intermediary offering diverse grants and financing options to progressive nonprofits to help them test and scale their fundraising efforts.
What We’re Looking For
Progressive Power Lab is looking for a Full-Funnel Marketing Manager who will acquire leads that convert to clients for Membership Drive, job applicants for Membership Drive partners, and build brand interest, and generate grant applicants for Progressive Multiplier. As an individual with a solid knowledge of our key areas of work – technology innovation and fundraising for systemic social change – this marketer will be an expert in using digital marketing to support the awareness through the advocacy lifecycle of PPL’s target audiences.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
- Define the end-to-end lead management process for Membership Drive in conjunction with the sales team
- With Membership Drive and Progressive Multiplier teams, develop a calendar-driven marketing campaign calendar as well as an automated marketing plan
- Conceptualize, lead the execution and measurement of multi-channel lead acquisition, nurturing, and conversion campaigns for Membership Drive. This includes defining budget allocation over media mix with an expected return.
- Deployment channels may include organic social media, paid social media advertising, programmatic digital advertising, CPA/CPL partnerships, email (owned and sponsored), website, web landing pages, SMS, etc.
- Copy used in all deployment channels will be produced in partnership with Business Development Content Marketer. Short-form content will be the responsibility of this position (i.e. social posts, ad copy, automated emails, conversion landing pages, etc.). Long-form copy (i.e. blogs, thought leadership pieces, evergreen website copy, etc.) will be the responsibility of the Business Development Content Marketer.
- Graphics, videos, etc. will be produced both in-house by this position when possible and by external vendors, as needed
- Run A/B split and other tests to optimize campaign performance and gain valuable insights about our customers and partners through a data-driven approach
- Find new channels for promoting Membership Drive products through organic and paid marketing tactics.
- Produce appropriate weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reports of all campaigns – continuously optimizing program performance toward ROI-based metrics like marketing qualified leads, sales qualified leads, opportunities, job applicants, or grant applicants. Clearly articulate trends, problems, and opportunities for improved performance.
- Become an expert in Membership Drive’s multi-vertical market; understanding competition and their solutions, sales cycles, and buyer/influencer motivations.
- Operate and maintain marketing automation in Pardot and Salesforce
- With Business Development Content Marketer, develop new ideas for marketing-related content for both Membership Drive and Progressive Multiplier including marketing collateral, website/blog/social media, and other initiatives.
- With Business Development Content Marketer, develop sales-enablement tools for products/services for Membership Drive.
- With the Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer and Business Development Content Marketer, develop and oversee a Progressive Multiplier marketing workflow to support the critical storytelling needs that elevate the organizations profile
- Follow like-minded industry leaders and competitors and stay apprised of what content they’re sharing in the marketplace to identify areas of opportunity.
What skills we need you to have
- You’re described as “goal-oriented,” “detail-oriented,” “driven,” “someone who can just figure it out,” “self-motivated,” and “collaborative.” PPL brands are largely start-ups so a love of building things and a desire to create the systems that best support the work without requiring them to push your work forward in real-time is a must.
- 5+ years of professional marketing experience. Professional services agency preferred.
- Strong track record contributing to the growth of entrepreneurial organizations through digital marketing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities at one time.
- Proven experience in developing schedules and maintaining deadlines.
- Strong expertise in WordPress and knowledge of SEO and SMO
- Excellent communication skills (strong listener and communicator both written and verbally)
- Extremely strong technology, Excel, and computer skills
- Track record of successful partnership with sales and/or customer success teams
- Strong martech experience, specifically leading a team’s use of marketing automation software – Pardot and Salesforce experience is a plus
- Strong content marketing and audience development proficiency
- $75K range commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package with competitive health, dental, disability, life, 401(k) with 6% corporate match, paid holidays (including the last business week of the year), and 10-15 PTO days (based on tenure)
Where You’ll Work
- At our office in Washington, D.C. should we get one this fall/winter or
- Your house, a quiet coffee shop, the local coworking space – We <3 Google Hangouts and Zoom!
- Submit your application, resume, cover letter, and relevant marketing campaign samples to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, please apply now!
Progressive Power Lab is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, women, and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Submit your application, resume, cover letter, and relevant marketing campaign samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled, please apply now!