Events and Marketing Associate
Oyster Recovery Partnership (ORP)
EVENTS AND MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Founded in 1994, the Oyster Recovery Partnership (ORP) is a conservation organization committed to maximizing the economic, conservation, and societal benefits of healthy estuarine ecosystems with a focus on the Chesapeake Bay. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to advance oyster restoration, oyster aquaculture, and the sustainable management of Chesapeake Bay fisheries resources. We adhere to the values of integrity, dedication, hard work, and respect for diversity, and are committed to putting these values into practice. We work with all sectors that have an interest in improving the health of the Chesapeake Bay and its oyster population and we will not stop until the job is done.
The Oyster Recovery Partnership offers competitive compensation, 401k savings plan with matching contributions, excellent benefits, flexible work policies, a collaborative work environment, and professional and personal development opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
ORP is seeking a talented Events and Marketing Associate (EMA) to help grow donor and stakeholder numbers and engagement, and organize events that further knowledge of ORP’s mission and programs. In conjunction with the Director of Partnerships and Marketing Manager, the EMA will provide support in all aspects of marketing, public relations, events, branding, and other communications that promote ORP.
- Social Media – Create exciting social media content, including graphics and videos, that are on-brand and optimized per channel, and that help to drive high levels of audience engagement.
- Maintain overall social media content calendar; Develop and implement processes for tracking and reporting results of social media campaigns and promotions.
- Web – Maintain and regularly update ORP’s website; Write page content and blogs; Monitor, interpret, and report metrics on website visitation behavior and trends; Recommend strategies for increasing traffic.
- Email Marketing – Create and produce monthly ORP newsletter; Track and report on email marketing campaigns; Recommend and implement strategies for maintaining and/or improving performance and audience engagement.
- Publications – Assist with the copywriting, design, and layout of ORP marketing collateral, presentations, and reports, including the Annual Report, quarterly Board reports, and promotional flyers and signage, etc.
- Events – Assist with the planning and execution of all ORP-sponsored events (virtual and in-person); Maintain events calendar; Develop project timelines; Assist with event permitting; Help with event set-up and staffing.
- Fundraising – Assist with fundraising campaigns.; Increase participation in the CFC and Maryland Charity Campaign; Grow social media fundraising efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires an energetic, enthusiastic, and creative candidate who is knowledgeable of Chesapeake Bay health and ocean-related environmental issues.
- 5 years of experience in the non-profit sector in marketing, communications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience or interest in environmental issues and conservation.
- An outstanding oral and written communicator.
- Experienced and comfortable with public speaking.
- Experienced in authoring written communications materials—including all collaterals, website copy, social media, donor communications, invitations, and electronic correspondence.
- A flair and capacity for basic graphic design.
- A focused, proactive, reliable, and innovative team member committed to developing dynamic and unique events both virtually and, eventually, in person.
- Committed to or passionate about the mission of Oyster Recovery Partnership.
- Proficiency with WordPress required
- Proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and social media management platforms (Hootsuite)
- Proficiency with Canva required
- Proficiency with Microsoft O365 (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
- Proficiency with MailChimp or similar email marketing platform preferred
- Knowledge of Google Analytics preferred
- Knowledge of eTapestry preferred
POSITION STATUS AND BENEFITS
This position is full-time permanent (40 hours) with a salary range of $45,000 – 55,000 (commensurate with experience). The generous benefits package includes health insurance (with dental and vision coverage), life insurance, AD&D insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, eleven paid holidays per year, paid vacation and sick leave, and more. During the Covid-19 pandemic, work operations include a blend of telework with some required office visits for meetings.
How to Apply
For consideration, please send cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to:
Allison Albert Guercio, Marketing Manager, email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Applications will be accepted through Sunday, April 11, 2021.