American Immigration Lawyers Association
The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) is an organization with over 15,000 individual attorney members who practice and teach immigration law. For our members, we provide continuing legal education, information, advocacy, professional services, and expertise.
Founded in 1946, AILA’s mission is to promote justice, advocate for fair and reasonable immigration law and policy, advance the quality of immigration and nationality law and practice and enhance the professional development of its members.
The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Technology Strategy and Services department oversees all internal and external technology used by the Association. The internal IT side of the department is responsible for the health and security of network services (including, but not limited to, servers, workstations, peripherals, and phones).
The Online Services side of the business is responsible for the overall vision and implementation of the technology behind the Association’s member management systems, websites, e-commerce systems and the major AILA.org related properties.
Together the team provides helpdesk support for all forms of internal and external technology in use at AILA. The team also provides project management skills to work with staff and vendors to take new features from idea to implementation. The department works on finding technology solutions that can help to foster a culture of innovation, creativity, and collaborations across the entire association.
We offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment with a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualifications. Our generous benefits include 100% of an employee’s Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision premiums, as well as contributions towards dependents’ premiums; a 401(k) with up to 3% matching contribution upon enrollment, employer-paid disability, and life insurance, and commuter subsidy. In addition, we provide employees with flexible scheduling and telecommuting options and plenty of time away from the office to bolster creativity and recharge. Added perks: four-week paid parental leave and a four-week sabbatical every tenth year of service.
- The E-Commerce Manager serves as the manager of the AILA Agora E-Commerce site ensuring that products and services are easily accessible to members and the public.
- This role is responsible for the ongoing evaluation of the site to ensure that AILA’s portfolio of products and services are available to users in an easy-to-use format.
- This person is the primary staff contact for e-commerce needs and conducts staff training on how to use both front-end and back-end portions of the site.
- This position assists the Director, Technology Services and Strategy with larger projects as well as having full responsibility for smaller AILA sites/projects.
- The role will oversee WordPress workflow forms, blog sites, and serve as the primary help desk for online service questions.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversite of AILA Agora E-Commerce websites.
- Ensures that technical standards of the system are maintained and updated to integrate with AMS.
- Trains staff and provides technical and application support.
- Project management related to AILA Anywhere and other online service projects.
- Assists Director, Technology Services and Strategy with discovery, testing, deployment, and training.
- Servers as project manager for AILA’s WordPress work including AILA’s forms workflow and blogs.
- Primary help desk for online services related issues.
Your Background and Experience
- Four-year undergraduate degree in IT or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience working in e-commerce for an association or similar type of commerce focused organization.
- Experience managing e-commerce systems both product and registration based.
- Experience with AMS or CRMS.
- Ability to work with complex data sets.
- Experience working at an association.
American Immigration Lawyers Association is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Qualified applicants are to submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement. The cover letter should include a summary of how your background, knowledge, skills, and abilities relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/41c89932-9106-4850-addf-5bb8238cd8e9/American-Immigration-CouncilLawyers-Association