Donor Database Manager
UMOM New Day Centers
Founded in 1964, UMOM New Day Centers is Arizona’s largest provider of services for families experiencing homelessness. UMOM restores hope and rebuilds lives by providing shelter, supportive services, and affordable housing.
We would not be able to make this difference in the community without our amazing UMOM team. We value our employees’ time and hard work, which is why we offer competitive pay and exceptional benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a matching 401k plan, company-paid life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP), health savings accounts, and a health and wellness plan. We also offer 11 paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) accrual from day one. Most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the most passionate team around!
Donor Database Manager
UMOM is seeking a strong and dynamic candidate for the Donor Database Manager. This candidate will help lead philanthropy initiatives and project management to prevent and end homelessness in our community. Your day-to-day work will include collaborating with key staff and stakeholders to develop fundraising analytics to understand data insights and create actionable impacts. This individual will be responsible for managing all donor information systems and fundraising platforms to support the organization’s life changing work. The ideal candidate is a person who loves to live in the numbers, as your role will be responsible for analysis and reporting of all data related to the philanthropy team. This position will work out of UMOM New Day Centers’ family shelter, directly supervising one team member, with the potential to telecommute some days.
The Donor Database Manager will lead initiatives related to fundraising analytics, working with key staff and stakeholders across UMOM to understand data needs and develop actionable insights. This individual will be responsible for managing all donor information systems and fundraising platforms. This role is responsible for the analysis and reporting of all data related to the Philanthropy department. This role will provide project management support for UMOM’s fundraising initiatives and directly supervise one team member.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all technical aspects of a comprehensive donor management system, including creating and managing gift and donor types as well as creating contact reports.
- Establish and maintain best CRM practices and procedures including highly accurate donor data that effectively track key information inclusive of all cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Implement workflows to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness, and consistency of philanthropic impact in alignment with the identified goals for financial stability.
- Create and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual reports related to philanthropic activities.
- Monitor standards related to the importance of data quality, data completeness, and data timeliness.
- Supervise staff; including training, direction of work, appraisal of productivity and efficiency, delivery of feedback and coaching, and disciplinary action, as necessary.
- Provide support to direct response campaigns, segmentation and analytics for appeals, newsletters, and other communication functions, including integration with social media activities.
- Assist Philanthropy team with online donations, event registration and other third-party fundraising platforms.
- Support high touch donor cultivation, including New Day Giving Society and Board of Directors.
- Train staff and volunteers on relevant database procedures.
- Actively participate in the community and be an ambassador for the organization.
- Support fundraising events, especially through leading the donor development of attendees.
Qualification and Competency Requirements:
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a similar field, with at least 3 years of experience in relevant roles (e.g. CRM management, fundraising, development, or marketing/sales)
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory or equivalent related experience
- Database management skills with contemporary relational databases, including administrative configuration, reporting, dashboards, and data quality skills. Software development background useful but not required
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of non-profit/social sector; experience working with underserved or disadvantaged populations is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite and CRM platforms; experience with donor management CRMs (ex. Virtuous/Classy) strongly preferred
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one
- Valid AZ driver’s license, driving record and insurance that falls within UMOM’s policy
- Display a positive attitude and build strong working relationships within the organization.
- Someone who takes pride in managing database and is passionate about helping donors
- High level of attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment
- Ability to cope with and embrace change, risk, and uncertainty
- Willingness to embrace and actively support UMOM’s core values