Director, Network Services – 21015
WWF Washington, DC
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Director of Network Services with the Information Technology department.
The Director, Network Services is responsible for developing and successfully executing the strategic road map for the WWF US technical infrastructure. The Director ensures that the Network Services team delivers consistent, repeatable, and cost-effective infrastructure, data and voice communications, applications and end-user support. Focuses on delivering timely, quality solutions that facilitate business success by applying multi-dimensional expertise in the areas of technology, business, project management, and operations.
- Responsible for the overall planning and execution of the WWF US network, voice and data technology infrastructure.
- Implement, maintain and support internal and external applications, hardware, and services. This includes but not limited to infrastructure equipment such as routers, firewalls, switch, servers, phone system/instruments, desktops, printers, ISP connectivity, as well as productivity tools such as email and the O365 suite, end-user experience, and security while maintaining a 99.9% uptime.
- Manage an effective information systems delivery organization. Cultivate a team-oriented, problem-solving culture focused on delivering timely, quality solutions that facilitate business success. This includes: best organizational structure, selection of staff, management of performance, salary, and career planning.
- Responsible for the practices, policies, controls, and standards to ensure security, consistency, and maintainability.
- Develop, track and control Network Services’ operating and capital budgets. Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT including systems and personnel. Manage vendors, vendor costs, and vendor contracts; evaluate contracts yearly to ensure best costs and services for WWF.
- Develop and oversee the technical disaster recovery strategy and business continuity plans.
- Continually evaluate new technologies and trends and be able to identify areas of use in WWF to increase business results. Build strong relationships with business colleagues and vendors to deliver solutions that add significant value to the organization. Function as a change agent for the business by leveraging technology to gain business opportunity and competitive differentiation.
- Lead large technical projects utilizing best project management practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten plus years of experience supporting a complex technical environment. At least three years of experience managing a high-performing Information Technology team and a minimum of three years of managing large technical projects.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Linux operating systems, network equipment, SAN technology, VMWare, Cloud Technologies, and O365.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of personal computers, laserjet printers, peripherals, web-based technologies, remote technologies, Microsoft network operating systems, desktop management, server management applications, networking protocols and topologies, hubs, routers, switches, security.
- Vendor management skills.
- Solid personnel leadership skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Must work well with a variety of personalities, be well organized, able to handle constant interruptions, think logically, work independently, deal with competing demands and have excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent follow up.
- Must be able to gather information effectively and make decisions quickly.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting methodologies.
- Must possess customer service orientation, collaboration, and problem-solving skills, work well independently and on teams with time management skills to meet imposed deadlines
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #21015
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.