Director, Major Gifts
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Montefiore and Einstein seek an experienced, highly motivated fundraising professional to join a growing team as the Director of Major Gifts. Reporting to the Senior Executive Director of Development, the Director of Major Gifts will play a critical role in strengthening, measuring and expanding Montefiore and Einstein’s frontline fundraising program. He/she will initially manage a team of two fundraisers with the opportunity for future growth. The Director will inherit a portfolio of approximately 50 current, prospective, and recently lapsed donors who give or are capable of giving at the $100,000 level or above.
In addition to managing and stewarding those relationships, he/she will be tasked with preparing and implementing a strategic plan for the frontline fundraising team that identifies and incorporates specific performance metrics within a service-line-based, basic science to clinical care approach to staffing. Working closely with the Director of Institutional Giving, the Director of Alumni Relations and the Director of Prospect Development, the Director of Individual Giving will help shape, strengthen, and expand Montefiore and Einstein’s fundraising program while creating a pipeline for leadership giving that will help to raise the baseline of total funds raised annually.
- Manage a growing team of frontline fundraisers charged with identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts from individual donors and prospects. Mentor, guide and coach the team in their fundraising efforts, ensuring that goals and objectives are met.
- Lead by example by maintaining and growing a personal portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for high-potential prospects utilizing, as appropriate, major gift, planned gift, and/or event-based approaches.
- Work with medical staff, volunteers, and other members of the Montefiore and Einstein community to help identify high-capacity donors.
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to shared goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible development experience, with a strong working knowledge of the principles and practices of major gift fundraising in an academic medical, healthcare environment or comparable complex organization.
- Proven ability to close gifts of $100,000+ and experience in securing gifts from prospects.
- Outgoing personality and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with key constituencies; customer-service orientation.
- Prior success in hiring, mentoring and retaining a team.
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines and attend to follow-through.
- Experience with initiating, organizing, and managing projects while interfacing successfully with colleagues in a collaborative approach.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Solid working knowledge of fundraising databases, preferably Raisers’ Edge.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
How to Apply
Apply Here: https://bit.ly/3v0BAtu