Position Title : Director, Digital Fundraising & Strategy
Location: Washington, DC
Department: Donor Development
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
- Lead and manage the digital fundraising and strategy team, which is responsible for digital campaign creation, email marketing, paid media, and digital engagement opportunities.
- Meet yearly online fundraising goals, working in close coordination with Offline Fundraising and New Business staff.
- Have a deep understanding of the strategic and tactical benefits and disadvantages of each digital channel, digital campaign concepts, and more with the goal of raising funds.
- Utilize data and market research to optimize and improve ROI while also focusing on the best channels for an increased/decreased spend.
- Develop and maintain relationships with digital-first technology organizations so that Special Olympics is positioned at the strategic and technological frontier of digital growth.
- Oversee several digital fundraising operations for the organization, including budget management, digital donor database, gift processing, and stewardship to ensure that funding needs are met.
- Drive short and long term strategies and plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a large base of donors across multiple channels including, but not limited to, paid media, email, website, social media, and organic SEM.
- Lead collaborative efforts with US Program leadership in the strategic integration of multi-channel digital fundraising initiatives.
- Lead the effort to develop and enhance our ecosystem of digital properties, as well as international efforts.
- Work across several cross-functional committees and work groups for events such as the 50th Anniversary and/or World Games.
- Serve as digital expert at Special Olympics, working with additional teams and/or committees to incorporate learnings and skillsets into ongoing SOI work.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 10 years successful experience in a senior fundraising management position with a focus on digital acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Proven track record in directing a successful integrated, multi-channel fundraising or marketing programs with a customer/donor focus.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data and translate into strategy and quantitative measurement
- General understanding and experience with relational databases and constituent relationship management strategies and processes
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, team building, mentoring, planning, and program implementation skills
- Ability to interact and collaborate successfully with people at various levels of the organization and with Program leadership in a complex organization
- Strong financial management skills
- Technical skills should include:
- Ability to code HTML with and without an HTML editor; ability to code HTML using both inline styling and CSS. Ability to troubleshoot HTML errors;
- Experience with BSD Tools
- Experience with multiple digital CRM and email platforms
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Drive
- Experience with image editing/resizing using Photoshop
- Experience with Google Analytics or other analytics software
Special Olympics is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment. Special Olympics does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law in any of its programs or activities.
Employment with Special Olympics is ‘at-will.’