New York Philharmonic is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced technology leader who is forward-thinking, a strong communicator, and who understands the significant role systems & technology can play in the successful achievement of NYP’s organizational goals. This role reports directly to the VP, Digital and Strategic Initiatives and leads a team of internal and external resources guiding the development and evolution of data strategy and CRM, migration to the cloud, enterprise hardware, and custom applications.
- Translate business goals into technical strategy in collaboration with VP, Digital and Strategic Initiatives.
- Act as valued partner with internal teams such as Digital, Marketing, Development, Education, Operations, and Finance.
- Engage in technology strategy meetings, exhibiting a practical understanding of consumer and corporate digital world and best practices.
- Oversee third-party developers, vendors, and consultants with internal technology team regarding the development and maintenance of NYP’s databases, software, and technology infrastructure.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis in IT systems and resources aligned with NYP strategic vision and goals.
- Oversee iterative and agile development practices in a fast-paced environment.
- Source, evaluate, select and oversee vendors to work on technology projects.
- Serve as face of organizational support for technical interruptions, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Explore and implement new technologies, systems, and services.
- 10 years or more of relevant work experience within Technology, preferably at an orchestra or performing arts organization.
- 5 or more years of managerial experience within Technology.
- Demonstrated leadership in executing against strategic and operational goals by managing workflows and processes, and partnering with key stakeholders.
- Experience with budgets and schedules to meet corporate requirements.
- Experience in the management of application and software development.
- Technical experience in at least one of the following: web development, databases, or networks.
- Well-versed in development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- BS in an Information Technology related field, or equivalent relevant experience. MS preferred.
- Empathy for end users.
- Nyphil.org – Currently running SiteCore CMS, 2 CDN’s (Limelight & Cloudinary), Integrated with Tessitura CMS, and managed behind load balancer. IT is responsible for website infrastructure.
- Tessitura – V 12.5.1 Serves as full CRM for audience and patron data, including fundraising, ticket transactions, and business intelligence.
- CARLOS – an OpenInsight/Arev application that manages Orchestra services, attendance, payroll, media payments, and historical records dating back to 1842. Payroll is exported into Ceridian for final payroll processing.
- Digital Archives – The philharmonic’s digital archives is on Hadoop and Ubuntu Linux.
- Nyphilkids.org – Currently running flash games and hosted on WebAir.
- Ceridian Dayforce for payroll and HR
- N-Scan Access control for ticket scanning in front of house
- Solarwinds and Whatsup monitoring
- Microsoft Exchange v2010
- MS Windows 7/10 and Office 2016 migrating to Office 365/Office 2017
- Malwarebytes and Symantec Endpoint Protection
System Infrastructure includes:
- Standardized on Dell desktops and laptops; some Apple devices for specialized functions
- 99% Virtual on Dell Servers and NetApp Storage
- Standardized on CISCO switches for Core
- Miraki Wirelsess Access Points
- MAAS360 MDM for BYOD Devices
- NextGen Palo Alto firewalls and VPN
- Big IP F5 Load balancer
- In-house server room with dark fiber connection to co-location center for public facing applications and replication.
- Cyber Security, Seim and Deception Technology
- PCI v3.2
- Qualys Vulnerability Management
- Solarwinds and Whatsup monitoring
- VM v6.5; Virtual Center
- Active Directory 2008R2
- Microsoft IIS