Position Title: Digital Strategist
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports To: Communications Director
Application Deadline: August 15
EarthRights International, a non-governmental, non-profit organization that combines the power of law and the power of people in defense of human rights and the environment, seeks a savvy digital expert to join a growing communications team. If you live to take on (and win against) corporations responsible for egregious human and environmental abuses, this could be the position for you.
As Digital Strategist you will collaborate with a global team of attorneys, campaigners, and fundraisers to develop and implement digital strategies to communicate EarthRights’ story across digital channels, elevate our organizational brand, grow our network of supporters, and inspire our base to take action on some of the most urgent issues of our time.
This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office, which is located downtown, near several bus and Metro lines. Salary is commensurate with experience; we offer a generous benefits package, and we regularly bond over homemade treats.
- Lead the expansion of EarthRights’ online presence by developing engaging content across digital channels, including our website, social media accounts, and email lists.
- Help maintain EarthRights’ social media accounts by responding to direct messages and comments.
- Maintain EarthRights’ website and perform updates as needed.
- Partner with our development team to support individual giving efforts, including creating and implementing a strategy and materials for Giving Tuesday and appeals throughout the year.
- Partner with internal legal and campaigns teams to plan and implement digital strategies to secure victories for our cases and advocacy campaigns.
- Work with staff in D.C, Asia, and Peru to help maintain our editorial calendar.
- Support the layout, finalization, and digital distribution of EarthRights’ reports and publications.
- Help elevate the public profile of senior leadership by contributing to the maintenance of their social media accounts and by expanding their reach.
- Help develop and implement strategies to leverage our digital channels to promote special events, such as EarthRights’ upcoming 25 year anniversary.
- Oversee metrics reporting and analytics to ensure that our digital channels are effectively promoting EarthRights’ story and organizational victories and to boost our overall presence and name recognition.
- Help identify new digital tools and platforms to promote our work.
- Develop and implement a ladder of engagement for EarthRights’ supporters.
- Contribute to movement-building efforts by collaborating with partner organizations and coordinating the cross-posting of social media materials and messages.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- 5-7 years of digital fundraising and/or advocacy communications experience
- Proven track record for using social media to expand an organization’s brand recognition, fundraising, and digital strategy
- Experience with content management, advocacy, and digital fundraising platforms such as WordPress and EveryAction
- Experience analyzing and reporting engagement metrics and utilizing data to drive content strategy
- Experience with Google AdWords
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, photography, and videography
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Ability to set goals proactively and meet established deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- An interest in human rights and the environment
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to work with diverse teams in offices located in Peru, Thailand, and Myanmar
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Facebook ads appreciated but not required
- Appreciation for user journey and experience helpful, but not required
- United States (Required)
- A competitive, non-profit sector salary
- Employer-sponsored medical insurance (dependent coverage available)
- 100% employer-paid dental and vision insurance coverage (dependent coverage available)
- 14 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave for eligible employees
- 15 days of vacation & 9 sick days per year
- 12 paid federal holidays; office closed from December 24 – January 1
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Generous employer non-elective retirement contribution
- Employee wellness benefits and transportation benefits
- A casual and fun work environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Digital Strategist. You are also welcome, but not required to include links to an online portfolio or another work sample that you think best exemplifies your qualifications.
EarthRights International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices, and actively encourages people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQI people to apply.