This is a full-time, remote position. We will only review applications from qualified candidates located in and eligible to work in the United States.
Firefly is looking for a passionate, engaging Digital Strategist to join our growing team.
What We’re Seeking
If you’re skilled at working with clients to understand their digital goals, opportunities, and challenges and developing results-focused digital marketing strategies to meet those identified needs, then we want to hear from you! You must enjoy working collaboratively with clients and team members, but also be detail-oriented when it comes to managing associated budgets, timelines, and scopes of work. And in an ever-changing digital landscape, you must bring a passion for staying up-to-date on digital marketing and nonprofit technology trends.
In this role, we expect you to bring the following qualities:
- Staying apprised of and analyzing digital marketing trends and technologies
- Developing and executing results-focused digital marketing strategies for clients
- Developing and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Managing budgets, scopes, and timelines as needed
Some of What You’ll Do
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients to identify their digital needs, goals, opportunities, and challenges. Help cross-functional teams develop solutions that are true to the organization’s brand, goals, and supporter needs.
- Develop, execute, and monitor strategic plans and multi-channel marketing campaigns. Align client and Firefly resources, as needed, to meet established digital goals.
- Establish processes for measuring and evaluating the success of individual campaigns as well as strategic plans. Evaluate the results of campaigns and appropriately present results and recommendations to clients.
- Act as Project Manager for a set of client projects or support engagements. Manage budget, timeline, scope, and deliverables for those engagements. Manage changes to client budgets, timelines, and scopes using established Firefly processes and with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with clients and maintain those relationships over time. Adapt communication styles and methods to build trust among clients and partners.
- Collaborate with project managers, designers, developers, production specialists, and other subject matter experts to produce deliverables that are of the highest quality.
- Proactively recognize and assess the client and team needs and prepare potential solutions to meet those needs. Where necessary, lead on the documentation and implementation of solutions.
- Empower clients to think strategically, developing results-oriented project plans to achieve their goals in the areas of website design and development, communication, fundraising, events, and other areas of digital marketing.
- Stay abreast of digital marketing trends and technologies that affect nonprofits. Ensure that the knowledge and any appropriate actions are regularly shared with other team members. Apply relevant knowledge to current and potential client engagements.
The Experience You’ll Bring
- A minimum of two years of digital marketing program or project management experience, preferably at an agency or large nonprofit
- Three to five years’ experience working with or for nonprofit organizations
- Demonstrated ability to establish plans and oversee the execution of these plans within a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit marketing tools, open-source CMS platforms, or nonprofit database tools
- Be well versed in the following digital strategy elements: email marketing, website and performance analytics, digital ads, social media, and user experience.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with developing and executing cause-based fundraising campaigns.
- Experience doing ad buys (digital, TV, radio, etc.)
Firefly Partners is a women-owned digital marketing agency delivering tailored digital solutions that help progressive nonprofits achieve their goals. We design beautiful websites, integrate platforms, and leverage digital tools and marketing strategies to engage every organization’s unique set of supporters. Our commitment to social good is matched by an open, collaborative, and client-first approach. We define needs, design solutions, and deliver results that help organizations reach their goals.
What We Offer:
The starting salary for this position is mid-$60k depending on experience. Firefly offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Paid time off including 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time annually (pro-rated based on start date)
- PPO and HSA healthcare plans with dental and vision options
- Generous company contribution to healthcare premiums
- Employer-paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance policies
- Ability to participate in company 401(k) plan
- 10 company holidays annually
- Complete office setup to do your best work from your home office, including a stipend to cover internet costs
- Continuing education and training opportunities
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this position, please submit an application with a cover letter, resume and work sample using this link.
We are looking for a work sample that shows a digital campaign your proud of working on—it can be a case study, portfolio page or written summary that includes the campaign goal/problem you were trying to solve, a summary of the strategies used and sample creative elements, and the outcomes along with an explanation of your role in planning and executing the campaign.