Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
To execute digital engagement and fundraising strategy by identifying, executing, project managing and QAing website, digital media, email and other projects and initiatives.
- Execute configuration of CMS and Luminate Online (LO), including content templates, email marketing campaigns and stationery, donation form templates, page wrappers, and online constituent database.
- Provide CMS, LO and technical support to Feeding America’s digital engagement team and other internal stakeholders.
- Document, disseminate and ensure compliance with business rules and best practices for Feeding America’s CMS and online engagement software systems.
- Implement, QA, and launch online campaigns in coordination with digital channel owners.
- Vet technical feasibility of ideas, capture user and business requirements, develop wireframes and timelines, collaborate with agency partner/technology platform partners to design and produce campaigns. Collect and deliver feedback of internal stakeholders for each iteration of design and technical implementation.
- Ensure that digital projects are executed with high quality and on schedule.
- Test online fundraising campaigns, online content, and email marketing materials – including functional testing, developing testing plans, ensuring optimal browser, platform and mobile rendering, collecting and delivering feedback. Investigate cause of issues found during testing and identify solutions. Requires proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Coordinate testing of iterative site updates using Optimizely or similar software.
- Collaborate and manage agency partners to ensure that digital projects are executed with high quality and on schedule. Responsible for the submission of new projects to production queue, including written detailed directions, timing, and accompanying assets.
- Produce donation forms, email messages, advocacy alerts, and Web pages. Run queries, reports, investigate and solve problems with Web site functionality and systems.
- Investigate and help solve broad variety of issues related to digital campaigns, data glitches, user interfaces, etc.
- Stay current with technology, trends, and new ideas for digital marketing, content management and process improvements to drive innovation.
- Cover Letter with resume is required.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience in project management and web maintenance, preferably at non-profit organization.
- Experience with quality assurance device/browser testing related to email messaging and web site properties.
- Ability to document policies and procedures and communicate complex technical information.
- Experience with content management systems
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Luminate Online marketing tools or similar
- Knowledge of responsive design and optimization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Intellectual curiosity – the ideal candidate would be described as a multi-tasker and problem-solver.
- Desire to cultivate project management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and manage a wide-ranging list of tasks.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.