Digital Project Manager
Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
The CRS digital team is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented project manager.
The Digital PM is the glue that keeps projects–and people—together by setting and vigilantly managing project expectations with cross-functional colleagues, flexing between strategic thinking and tactical task delivery; and understanding how multiple projects from domestic and overseas colleagues are related.
This role comes at a vital time, as CRS will be kicking off a project to redesign and rebuild our flagship website, crs.org.
The ideal candidate can decipher organizational dynamics and build trusting relationships; leverage clear, consistent written and oral communication; and demonstrate an aptitude for applying project management methodologies.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Oversee our project management systems: Monitor incoming project and task requests through our WorkFront project management system; Collaborate with the digital director and other project management staff to prioritize/sequence and assign projects and tasks in Trello
- Facilitate clear, consistent communication across the project team (and leadership when needed), including weekly team meetings and other ad-hoc meetings/discussions as needed to advance the work
- Set and vigilantly manage project expectations: Understand and enforce roles, responsibilities, and contributions of cross-functional team members of all levels
- Facilitate project meetings: Develop agendas, consolidate feedback, post-meeting notes, assign follow-up tasks, etc.
- Oversee artifacts and assets: Draft requirements, project plans, timelines, etc.; Guide asset collection as needed and ensure all assets are stored and distributed properly
- Ensure timelines are met: Collaborate with peers to consolidate workstreams and drive efficiency; Track workflow to ensure deadlines are being met, dependencies are established, and risks are mitigated
- Think critically: Balance multiple asks; Articulate trade-offs for competing priorities; Identify and escalate issues or risks
- Lead third-party vendor evaluation, engagement, evaluation, and execution of activities, ranging from scope definition to delivery of final assets
- Create reporting and analytics re: work in progress and completed; Use data to create recommendations for continuous process improvement; Act as a change agent to champion new processes/tools within the organization. Manage clients’ backlog/phase 2 wish lists as needed
- Exhibit leadership, diplomacy, and motivational skills, and
- Promote positive team chemistry
- Email marketing platforms
- Donation and advocacy management platform
- SEO best practices
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Creative services, communications, domestic outreach, charitable giving/fundraising, advocacy, overseas operations
External: Vendors and consultants
- Bachelors degree in Business, Communications, or related field and minimum of four years of experience required
- Advanced experience with digital project management and/or interactive account management
- Advanced experience writing digital project requirements
- Advanced organizational, client relations skills
- Intermediate experience with MS Office or similar
- Intermediate experience with project management tools (WorkFront, Jira, Basecamp, etc.)
- Intermediate experience with reporting and analytics
- Intermediate experience with content management systems (CMS), especially WordPress and Drupal
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Willingness to be on-call for urgent needs, sometimes nights or weekends (e.g., in the event of an international disaster)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan, and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
How to Apply