Hillel’s International, the world’s largest Jewish campus service organization, seeks a creative and strategic problem-solver to join the team as a Digital Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have experience with researching and building digital solutions and the ability to serve as a liaison with other departments at Hillel International in order to help meet their technology needs.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate across the organization to brainstorm possibilities and provide insight into technical capabilities to identify solutions or process improvements.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs, and reconcile conflicts.
- Translate organizational needs into user stories, requirements, and diagrams as appropriate.
- Create project plans, schedule, and track all project deliverables and manage tasks, team members and due dates successfully seeing projects through from beginning to end.
- Communicate project status to all project stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Research and evaluate existing tools in the marketplace to determine if a tool exists or needs to be built to meet organizational needs.
- Work closely with the VP of Technology Strategy & Operations and other members of the team to manage technical projects.
- Support quality assurance testing.
- Provide training and support on new systems and training and support for new hires on existing systems. This would include creating screen recordings or writing user guides and support documents, as needed.
What You’re Great At:
- Listening patiently to user’s needs to develop a deep understanding of their technology challenges.
- Translating tech-speak into user-friendly language.
- Documenting user needs in words and pictures.
- Being hyper-organized. You should be a list-maker, taskmaster, and scheduler.
- Digging deep into software product to figure out their capabilities, options, and limitations.
- Steering digital projects such as website redesigns, application development, and user experience research.
- Creating training materials and conducting user training.
What You’ll Bring To The Job:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ Years experience managing digital communications projects
- Familiarity with audience research techniques that employ empathy to gain insights about audience needs.
- Able to distill requirements into understandable user needs and software specifications, or diagrams.
- Experience with vendor selection, negotiation, and management.
- An intense curiosity for digital products and solutions.
- Solid understanding of web standards, web browser capabilities, SEO, user experience, and common web technologies.
- Experience with Salesforce and the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack a plus.
- Experience working with a Scrum team or agile development shop.
- Experience with project management and issue tracking systems such as ZenDesk, Desk.com, SmartSheets, JIRA, Quip, or TeamWork.
- Fluidity with basic object-oriented UX diagramming tools such as Gliffy or UXPin.
- Experience with DevOps product lifecycle including planning, development, testing, deployment, monitoring, and feedback.
- What You’ll Get Out Of It:
- An opportunity to be at the center of an exciting modernization of re-envisioning of digital services for professionals at over 550 campuses across the world.
- An interesting job with lots of opportunities for learning and mentorship.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan.
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace.