Position Summary: Responsible for the development and management of consistent online platforms for the advancement of the national peer-to-peer event fundraising programs (Walk for Wishes, Kids for Wish Kids, etc.) and independent chapter peer-to-peer events, to increase participation, engagement and fundraising.
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Plans & Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Tech Savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business- building digital and technology applications.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience and success in online fundraising site development, training and support.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service skills; ability to work professionally with external partners, chapters, and all levels of staff.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadline pressures.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead, influence and negotiate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the National Events & Brand Campaigns team to develop, manage, and grow national & local peer-to-peer fundraising events.
- Assists with the design and development of coordinated and consistent online fundraising platforms via online tools including Blackbaud’s Luminate Online & TeamRaiser.
- Assists Director of National Events & Brand Campaigns and Manager II, Digital Program & Event with strategies for acquiring new event participants and activating more online fundraisers.
- Supports Manager II with the set-up of local event sites. Provides materials and training to support the implementation of the individual sites.
- Serves as a resource to Make-A-Wish national and chapter staff to ensure a clear understanding of websites and associated fundraising tools.
- Creates fundraising training manuals, conducts training sessions, and builds training modules.
- Provides technical support to chapters on all online fundraising platform for national priority events and independent chapter peer-to-peer events.
- Runs TeamRaiser queries and reports, including campaign and appeal performance, chapter donor lists, constituent information and history, year over year comparisons, etc.
- Participates in industry-specific trainings to have a full understanding of best practices and technical workings of TeamRaiser platform.
- Continually reviews individual chapter event sites to ensure they are working properly and adhere to Make-A-Wish program standards.
- Reviews vendor’s work that includes components of Make-A-Wish and helps facilitate end-user acceptance.