Digital Product Strategy Consultant
Who we are:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to inspire change around the most critical social issues facing our country. We produce and activate communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, “Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk” and “Love Has No Labels.” Our unprecedented efforts around COVID-19 now include the largest communications initiative in U.S. history, “It’s Up To You,” which educates Americans about the COVID-19 vaccines.
The Ad Council is looking for a Digital Product Strategy Consultant who will manage our newly redesigned brand website, AdCouncil.org, and support the core team by reviewing and optimizing the day-to-day content management process, as well as managing inbound requests for changes and new features. In this role, you will also work closely with the VP, Digital Marketing to manage our CMS vendor Brightspot, including scoping new projects and ensuring existing projects are completed on time and within budget. Additionally, you will conduct a listening tour with various external organizations and internal stakeholders in service to developing a business strategy (including revisiting goals, staffing and process for team) and product roadmap for the next two years.
We are looking for a talented, passionate digital professional with B2B experience who wants to help the Ad Council leverage our brand website to serve new and existing partners, as well as educate consumers about who we are and what we do. In this role, you will be part of an internal team that values innovation, collaboration and is passionate about our end users.
Timing and Employment Length:
This is a contract employee role. This means that, while the position is at all times one of at-will employment, the Ad Council anticipates at present that the employment length would be approximately 3 months with the possibility to extend the contract. Contract employees will be eligible to participate in limited benefits and paid time off. We are also open to this position being remote.
What you’ll do:
- Join the core team for AdCouncil.org as the Digital Product Strategy Consultant to gain an understanding of the team makeup (roles and responsibilities), content management workflow, inbound request process and vendor management
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the site and collaborate with the core team to ensure that all updates, budgets and deadlines are being met
- Work closely with VP, Digital Marketing in managing our CMS vendor, Brightspot, to scope new projects and any site optimizations currently in process
- Review the current product roadmap and collaborate with the team and leaders to build consensus on goals and core KPIs for the site as well as the prioritization of projects
- Conduct an internal/external listening tour to understand future team staffing, structure and workflow required for AdCouncil.org to meet its goals
- Create a 2-year plan and recommendations for AdCouncil.org and present to key internal stakeholders
What you bring:
- 10 years+ of experience ideally in managing a corporate or brand website with a B2B audience.
- Ability to create a strategic plan for a corporate website, product planning including SEO, and B2B marketing.
- Experience manage enterprise CMS vendors,
- Strong executive communication skills and experience interacting with senior leaders
Qualities of a standout candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Management experience a plus
What we’re committed to:
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below.
How to reach us:
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/join-our-team
Fax (212) 922-1676
Attn: Talent Team
815 2nd Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017
How to Apply
To apply, click this link to be taken to the job posting and online application