Digital Product Manager
Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL), is a nonprofit organization based in Chicago, and a trusted source for knowledge about high-quality, evidence-based social and emotional learning (SEL). CASEL’s mission is to help make evidence-based SEL an integral part of preschool through high school education across the country. We are transforming American education through SEL by collaborating with leading experts and supporting districts, schools, and states nationwide to drive research, guide practice, and inform policy. Together, we are enabling all young people in our diverse society to lead healthier, happier, more productive, and fulfilling lives.
With committed and growing philanthropic funding and a cohesive strategic plan, CASEL is endeavoring to:
• Support the implementation and document the impact of systemic SEL in large school districts and socio-demographically diverse school districts across this nation.
• Capture, refine, and test the learnings to advance the research base for the process of implementing systemic SEL and share that knowledge broadly.
• Identify and evaluate interventions and assessment tools to accelerate high-quality implementation of SEL nationwide.
• Partner with SEL program providers, colleges of education, professional organizations, school districts, and researchers to support scaling of SEL.
• Promote federal and state policies that encourage academic, social, and emotional learning.
• Strategically communicate to foster widespread demand for SEL as an essential part of students’ education at the classroom, school, district, state, and national level.
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning is seeking a Digital Product Manager to spearhead our digital product team as we identify opportunities, build digital solutions, and grow our digital product offerings. This role requires a candidate with excellent organizational and communication skills as you’ll be working as the liaison and translator between our internal content teams and our technical vendors to advance CASEL’s work.
This is a remote position reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer to inform and oversee the production, field testing, and UX research efforts of CASEL tools, resources and publications including, but not limited to resource guides, professional development modules, data management platforms, and the CASEL Website.
The Digital Product Manager will manage the creation and refinement of digital products, resources, and publications through the entire production lifecycle from inception to successful launch.
· Drive product strategies and long-term vision to build best in class digital products.
· Lead sourcing and coordinate buildouts of various digital products, including websites, communications platforms and data management tools.
· Collaborate with designers, developers and research teams from beginning to end of the process.
· Project manage and coordinate digital production process, including requirements discovery, RFP development, vendor sourcing, and solution design process.
· Develop and execute detailed work plans that identify and sequence activities needed to successfully complete the projects.
· Manage UX research vendors and implement strategies to measure product effectiveness and utilization as appropriate for continuous improvement.
· Ensure timely resolution of technical issues and other issues related to product development and release.
· Manage product development budgets to ensure that the deliverables are on time, within budget, and high-quality.
· Partner with cross functional teams regularly to ensure alignment on feature development and prioritization.
· Monitor and evaluate product performance to ensure constant product iteration and improvements.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 3-5 years of professional experience in Digital Product Management.
· Commitment to CASEL’s mission and SEL development for every student.
· Expertise in product management and leading sprint teams toward production goals.
· Strong prioritization and negotiating skills.
· Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
· Strong leadership skills for effective management of diverse teams.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Eagerness and capacity to learn comprehensive and complex information in a short amount of time.
· Strong problem solving/conflict resolution skills.
· Meticulous time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
· Precise budgeting skills.
· Ability to create detailed project plans and track progress using a project management software, such as Asana.
· Experience with any or all of the following software and systems is preferred: Zoom, SM Apply, Slack, Asana, Thinkific, Brazen, Salesforce, Hotjar, Mixpanel, Tableau, and Google Analytics.
· The desire to work in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, business administration, advertising management, marketing or related field preferred.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This is a full time, exempt, benefits eligible position. CASEL offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and certifications.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume that includes references to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email, and in your cover letter, mention where you heard of this position.
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning is an equal opportunity employer. CASEL evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. CASEL employs and values a diverse work environment.