Digital Operations Manager
The Central Conference of American Rabbis
Digital Operations Manager
The Central Conference of American Rabbis (CCAR) is seeking a Digital Operations Manager. The Manager will report directly to the CFO/COO and will help support the CCAR brand management by providing digital media technology and product development support across the organization in alignment with the CCAR Purpose, Mission, Pillars, and Goals.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with all departments on implementing Digital Media vision.
- Serves as project manager for select CCAR Press digital products, either developed internally or with outside vendors, working with Director of CCAR Press.
- Provides technology support for CCAR Press digital products, marketing, and social media campaigns.
- Provides main support for key programs, including annual convention, managing convention software, onsite learning programs, and relations with members and outside vendors.
- Manages our membership (Ravkav) list serve.
- Manages videographer oversight and coordination.
- Assists CFO/COO with CCAR website, Basecamp, and other troubleshooting.
- Assists Director of Strategic Communications with website updates and occasional social media support, and provides secondary backup support.
- Provides technology training and support for volunteers using CCAR systems as needed.
- Ensures webinars and programs are recorded properly as well as edits and uploads the recording to promptly be available for member viewing.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and other staff gatherings.
Technology qualifications, including but not limited to:
- Thorough knowledge of the following platforms: Microsoft Office, WordPress, and Zoom;
- Knowledge of cloud-based software such as Salesforce, Wufoo, Grenadine, and Basecamp;
- Knowledge of basic video editing skills (e.g., trimming a clip and adding a cover slide);
- Project management skills;
- Quick learner with the ability and willingness to learn new programs, technologies, and processes;
- Ability to project manage internal projects as well as oversee projects with outside vendors;
- Working knowledge of webpage maintenance;
- Be able to help prepare presenters for webinars, and troubleshoot technology issues.
General qualifications, including, but not limited to:
- Willingness to be an active member of the CCAR team;
- Able to take initiative and show leadership;
- Able to manage multiple tasks and set priorities;
- Must be organized and detailed oriented;
- Must have experience managing staff and/or outside vendors;
- Must have project management experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and use good judgment with people, including good conflict resolution instincts;
- Have professional and courteous demeanor, and good customer service skills;
- Willingness to take direction and feedback, and to be flexible;
- Ability to work both as a leader and as part of a team;
- Have a demonstrated desire to learn and grown professionally;
- 2–5 years relevant experience.
Additional qualifications, not required but a plus:
- Familiarity with e-book conversion.
- Familiarity with basic app development .
- Knowledge of Keynote and Powerpoint.
- Basic knowledge of Hebrew alphabet.
The Central Conference of American Rabbis (CCAR), founded in 1889, is the oldest and largest rabbinic organization in North America. As the professional organization for the Reform rabbis of North America, the CCAR projects a powerful voice in the religious life of the American and international Jewish communities. The CCAR also fosters excellence in rabbinic leadership and serves the Jewish community through programs, support services, and resources. To this end, the CCAR operates a number of lines of business including continuing education programs, an annual convention, a career services department, and the CCAR Press. All of these areas present opportunities for support, fundraising, and other revenue enhancement.
The position is currently in the NY office, preferably in person 1 day a week, however we would consider a remote worker.
Salary range: $60,000-$70,000.
CCAR also provides benefits such as health insurance, dental insurance, LTD insurance, 403B, and vacation time.
How to Apply
Send resume to LPinho@ccarnet.org