Digital Meeting Design and Production Manager
American Friends Service Committee
Location: Flexible; position is located in Philadelphia, PA; candidates within the Eastern Standard Time Zone (EST) are welcome to apply and strongly preferred
Application Deadline: June 18, 2021
For consideration, please attach your Cover Letter and Resume to the online application in addition to answering the Application Questions.
Summary of Principal Responsibilities
The Meeting Design and Production Manager ensures the successful execution of events by leading our Meeting Design Team efforts and achieves project and organizational goals through strategic coordination and collaboration among the organization’s staff, partners, and volunteers. The Meeting Design and Production Manager provides direction and guidance to internal and external clients, consulting, and training in best practices in meeting design and organizational collaboration to ensure productive teamwork as well as seamless, effective events. They will also fill a variety of other IT instructional duties based on organizational needs, including oversight of the continued development and rollout of approved organizational communication tools.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities: The key responsibilities of the Meeting Design and Production Manager include the following:
- Implement AFSC meeting strategy to support the transition to a primarily digital meeting-based organization with a globally distributed work-from-home staff with perpetual high volume virtual meeting needs
- Lead the AFSC meeting support team domestically and internationally, with the understanding events may occur during unscheduled hours and/or weekends.
- Manage contractors to ensure appropriate coverage for events and desk support, bringing in as necessary through networks or additional channels and training on all relevant software and platforms.
- Track and manage meeting support billable hours and fiscal year budget to meet equipment and coverage needs while maximizing value to the organization.
- Analyze staff, partner, and audience needs and objectives, and guide event design for maximum engagement and impact, training staff and partners in best practices and providing in-the-moment support when needed.
- Creatively and constructively problem-solve to meet the organization’s needs while maximizing value within budget.
- Advocate for strategic collaboration among staff, partners, and volunteers across all domestic and international departments and programs, fostering cooperation and competency and ensuring processes increase effectiveness and ease of use.
- Streamline meeting support request process and act as liaison and project manager between staff, event organizers, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability, willingness, and judgment to work independently, take initiative and self-start projects that add value to the organization, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Research and recommend meeting technologies, tactics, and methods to resolve issues and further AFSC, event, and project objectives. Remain current on industry trends and related technology in web conferencing and collaboration.
- Provide audio and video recording, production, and editing services of events to meet requirements and goals of internal communications, organization visibility, fundraising, and program work.
- Coordinate and direct A/V and technical support for in-person and virtual conferences and other events.
- Manage and prioritize assigned Helpdesk tickets in a timely manner to ensure successful resolution of inquiries.
Secondary Functions (approximately 30% of work time):
- Design and maintain organizational learning tools and training for new and current staff.
- Accept and manage projects requested outside of daily tasks by upper management, utilizing Basecamp and other tools as appropriate, to advance the goals of the organization.
- Assist IT staff with SharePoint design and maintenance of Star Café sites, and training users for self-sufficient use.
- AV design for equipment upgrades to outdated spaces and work with other staff and vendors to ensure the design is implemented as intended.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in PC and Mac environments, setting up and executing successful in-person and virtual events.
- Expert knowledge of web conferencing and collaboration technology, such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Office365, and others.
- Proven ability to collaborate with staff and partners from diverse backgrounds, to identify the requirements of their events and projects, and to explain complex concepts.
- Proficiency working with staff and partners who do not speak English as their primary language
Other Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication skills (written, and oral, and listening), and must be able to present ideas and/or enhancements simply to AFSC’s diverse staff and clients.
- Be flexible to support evening or weekend meetings or travel, if needed, adjusting coverage to stay within budgeted hours.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, advise, train and support individuals as well as various groups.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail; extensive, proven project management experience.
- Must be able to meet commitments and perform tasks in accordance with annual goals and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to switch gears and prioritize and manage work that involves multiple deadlines.
- Must be able to work under pressure and respond promptly to inquiries and manage the workflow in a department with many interruptions.
- Skill in design, creation, and editing of supporting materials for AFSC’s technologies.
- Commitment to Quaker values and testimonies. Understanding of and compatibility with the principles and philosophy of the American Friends Service Committee including non-violence and the belief in the intrinsic worth of every individual.
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles, concerns, and considerations, of AFSC in regard to issues of race, class, nationality, religion, age, gender and sexual orientation, and disabilities. Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with diverse staff.
Compensation: Salary $58,197 with minimal flexibility based on experience – Exempt – Comprehensive medical and hospitalization plan; term life, accident and salary continuation insurances, defined benefit pension plan, plus fringe benefits; participation in unemployment and worker’s compensation and social security.
The American Friends Service Committee is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, national origin, race, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
AFSC’s Central Office and some of its offices in the U.S. are unionized workplaces. This position is not represented.
The American Friends Service Committee is a smoke-free workplace.
How to Apply
For consideration, please attach your Cover Letter and Resume to the online application in addition to answering the Application Questions here.