Digital Marketing Manager
Amnesty International U.S.A.
Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) is seeking a Full-Time Digital Marketing Manager to join our Development team. This position is based at our Washington D.C. or New York City location.
What you’ll find at Amnesty International USA:
–Vision for change: Amnesty International is a Nobel Peace Prize-winning global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. The organization investigates and exposes abuses, educates and mobilizes the public, and works to protect people wherever justice, freedom, truth and dignity are denied. As the United States section of our global movement, we engage people in the U.S. to fight injustice all around the world, while we also work to protect people’s human rights here in the U.S. Whether speaking out for refugees and against oppression abroad, or calling for an end to gun violence and the unlawful use of lethal force by police, Amnesty International and its membership shines a light on violations and offers ways to help.
–How we work: Amnesty International’s uniquely effective approach for protecting human rights uses a three-pronged approach that focuses on research from experts in crisis zones and areas were human violations are taking place; mobilization of activists, members, and others who care about human rights; and advocacy to pass and preserve laws that protect human rights. We foster a collaborative environment in which we work with colleagues across functions and locations, and partner with our dedicated volunteer members to maximize our impact.
–Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match up to 5%, and generous paid time off. We are also committed to our team’s learning and growth, and offer various professional development and advancement opportunities.
– Commitment to diversity & inclusion: At Amnesty International USA, we deeply value inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in our human rights work and our workplace culture and practices. We recognize that this is not only necessary to ensure that our rich diversity of staff and members can thrive, but that we can simply not accomplish our mission without it. We have a comprehensive strategy and take shared responsibility for fostering an inclusive environment for all.
What the Digital Marketing Manager does: The Digital Marketing Manager (Development Department) is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day of our large-scale digital fundraising and advocacy programs across email, SMS, and web. Their overarching goal will be to deliver the right messages, to the right audiences, at the right time in order to raise money, advance human rights goals, and grow our digital audiences.
The Digital Marketing Manager works with the Director, Online Engagement to develop strategies and content and oversees execution and project management. The Manager focuses on supporter journey and retention, while working in close collaboration with the Digital Acquisition Coordinator. The Manager writes copy for both fundraising and engagement emails and oversees the work of our digital fundraising consultant and digital production staff. The Digital Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Online Engagement, sits in the Development Department, and works collaboratively with other staff across the organization. and decision-making skills.
- Raises $6.5 million online annually.
- Drives large-scale digital actions (for example, online petitioning-signing and pledge-taking), leading hundreds of thousands of people to take multiple actions each year and converts action-takers into donors.
- Works with stakeholders to develop multi-channel and integrated strategies for campaigns and initiatives, identifying how digital channels can help achieve programmatic and organizational goals.
- Develops and manages overarching email communication strategy for the organization, to increase and leverage the base of supporters who can be mobilized to advance AIUSA’s mission and to use email to deepen people’s engagement.
- Manages organization-wide email and SMS calendar that accommodates multiple stakeholders’ needs for engagement and communicates across the organization about the calendar and the strategy behind it.
- Manages all aspects of content development, including writing copy and overseeing consultant writer.
- Manages all aspects of production and supervises production staff and consultant.
- Develops and drives email list segmentation strategies to maximize email deliverability, fundraising, and engagement.
- Develops story arcs and user journeys across channels that deepen engagement and interaction with AIUSA.
- Works closely with digital acquisition staff to develop onboarding strategies.
- Conducts and analyzes testing regularly to identify effective strategies, messaging, and formatting of email communication and conversion pages.
- Compiles data constantly and provides insight and analysis to increase engagement and growth; shares data, analysis and insights across the organization.
- Closely monitors human rights and social justice developments in the news and closely monitors email communication from a range of other groups and individuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Demonstrated ability to both engage and expand email supporter audiences/lists.
- Demonstrated ability to develop email communications plans that are part of larger digital, communications, and programmatic goals and campaigns.
- Superior writing skills. All-around creativity required.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and skill using various CRM packages.
- Ability to turn concepts and ideas into reality quickly.
- Diplomatic, collegial approach to engage with other staff, volunteer leaders, and members as partners and to identify solutions that meet multiple stakeholders’ needs.
- Approximately seven years of related experience in fundraising and advocacy; or MA/MS and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in rapid response fundraising.
- Experience working with and/or building a large, multi-issue email list of at least 200,000 subscribers.
- Experience developing email strategy and writing error-free and conversion-inspiring copy as part of broader digital engagement efforts.
- Experience managing both short-term, campaign-oriented email engagement and long-term, organization-wide email engagement strategy.
- Extensive experience working with CRM technology, quality testing HTML emails, pulling reports and analyzing data, Google Analytics, and A/B testing.
- Experience managing staff, vendors, and/or high-level volunteers.
- Experience balancing competing priorities and needs, with a flexible approach.
AIUSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We prohibit discrimination of any kind based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, indigenous status, immigration status, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected and non-merit factors.