Digital Marketing Coordinator – Email
Doctors Without Borders USA
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care in over 70 countries to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $600 million annually to support the mission of the organization. The Integrated Channel Marketing team functions as an internal agency in collaboration with the Audience team to drive donor-centric integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal and cultivation fundraising campaigns.
Are you a creative and driven digital marketer with an eye for both the storytelling and data side of email marketing? Are you a strong collaborator with a positive approach to problem-solving? If so, we have a position for you.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is seeking a full-time Digital Marketing Coordinator–Email to help accelerate fundraising growth in our email marketing and SMS programs. Reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Email your main priority will be to ensure smooth execution of the email program. In this role you’ll be supporting a dynamic and evolving program focusing on expanding our digital engagement, improving the performance of email acquisition and retention and increasing the share of digital revenue from sustainers — donors who give recurring monthly, quarterly, or annual gifts.
With guidance from your Senior Manager, and with digital agency partners, you’ll collaborate with the Audience Teams to bring the work of MSF to life for our supporters with the right message at the right time. You will play an active role in achieving our fundraising goal of growing unrestricted digital revenue by at least 10 percent each year.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator–Email believes in an omnichannel marketing approach centered around the donor experience. You will use available tools and technologies to build and implement a strong segmentation and automation plan. You will play a pivotal role on an energetic, innovative, and growing digital marketing team.
On any given day you might:
- Update the communications calendar to incorporate a rapid response email and SMS campaign to a headline-making emergency
- Participate in a quarterly planning session to innovate retention and upgrade strategies under the guidance of Senior Manager, Email and in collaboration with your colleagues on the Audience Team and the Digital Marketing Agency
- Ensure campaign content and imagery are in line with our commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Run analytics reports for Senior Manager, Email on the latest email & SMS campaigns for a last-minute meeting with MSF leadership
- You will report to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager–Email. Your responsibilities will include:
- Project managing the production and review schedule and the marketing calendar for all MSF email and SMS communications
- Working with our digital agency to further develop MSF’s email and SMS program by providing feedback on strategy, copy and images and serving as the liaison between the MSF Integrated Channel Marketing team, the Audience teams, the Communications and Program teams, and the Digital Marketing Agency
- Helping to deliver effective audience messaging through collaboration with the Senior Manager, Email and the Audience teams on creative message customization and audience-first thinking within the email program
- Collaborating with the Integrated Channel Marketing Team, the Audience Team, and the Digital Marketing Agency on audience segmentation, personalization, and targeting practices and construction of those groups
- Building and launching emails and SMS in Salesforce Marketing Cloud as needed
- Overseeing design and imagery, including selecting powerful, response-driving photos from our media database
- Assisting in the design and development of donation forms, landing pages and surveys
- Configuring and generating email, SMS and donation form reporting and finding trends in email reports to help inform future decisions and optimize performance
- Provide training for members of other MSF teams in email creation
- Advising on configuration of CRM and liaising with the Systems Team and vendors
- You’re a data-driven digital marketer with an eye for captivating storytelling and persuasive messaging and design.
- You are a creative problem solver with strong analytical skills and a proven ability to manage competing calendars and priorities.
- You are comfortable making recommendations and implementing strategies for copy, design, and process improvement.
- Relevant experience in digital marketing and fundraising, especially in email and mobile. Agency experience a plus but not required.
- Proven project management, time management, and follow-through skills. Ability to deal with shifting priorities and to communicate with diplomacy under pressure.
- Expert interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and focused on quality, able to proof-read and conduct quality assurance reviews.
- Commitment to principles of anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion; able to apply anti-racist and DEI approach in the creative development and review process.
- A collaborative team player, able to build constructive and effective relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Familiarity with HTML — and the ability to quickly learn new marketing tools and systems to help us meet our goals.
Preferred but not required:
- Non-profit fundraising experience.
- Experience in a marketing cloud platform (such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Familiarity with CSS, Google Analytics, donor databases, or CRMs
Full time Non-Exempt
Open ended contract
Starting salary low to moderate 60’s (commensurate with experience)
Desired Hiring Date
35 hours per week
Expected to work in a hybrid remote work environment with the ability to come into the NYC office a minimum of 2 times a week.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please visit our Careers Home Page to apply for this position.
We do not accept phone calls during the recruitment process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Open until filled