Digital Marketing and Communications Associate
Repair the World is a national nonprofit dedicated to inspiring American Jews and their communities to give their time and effort to serve those in need. Across the country, we engage the Jewish community, and young adults in particular, in a range of volunteer opportunities and issue-based campaigns that connect them to volunteering alongside their neighbors to strengthen their communities.
Repair the World is hiring a data-driven and creative full time Digital Marketing and Communications Associate. This role is located at our national office in Manhattan. The Associate will function as a key supporting role in Repair’s marketing efforts to multiple stakeholder groups, including participants, Board members, donors, partners, and internal staff. Marketing and communications touch all parts of the organization and as such, the role requires considerable cross-functional teamwork. Experience and interest in the digital marketing space a major plus. This position will be a core member of our Marketing and Communications team.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN DEPARTMENT
The Digital Marketing and Communications Associate works closely with the Marketing and Communications Associate, adopting Repair’s national marketing and communications strategy for the digital space, and being the first resource or “help desk” other employees come to with digital marketing and communications questions. Their focus will be on digital marketing (60% of time), communications (30%), and department support (10%). Responsibilities include:
- Act as marketing lead for Service Matters 2019 and other field-wide special projects in which Repair, our programs and our brand, is an active partner
- Develop creative (graphic design) and copy (text) across the organization, particularly for Repair the World national, including the Fellowship, fundraising, and digital campaigns, as well as Repair Communities
- Email Marketing
- Build national emails and templates, offering analysis and recommendations for ongoing improvements. This includes fundraising emails, campaign emails, national announcements, and support on templates for local staff
- Offer support and training to Repair staff as they build their own email marketing blasts
- Website Maintenance
- Manage WordPress website to deliver content that is fresh and relevant, working across the organization to reflect the goals of each arm of the organization accurately and compellingly. Create new pages, remove outdated pages, organize categories and tags on our blog
- Social Media
- Develop content and strategy for Repair’s national social media channels and supervise Repair Communities’ social media channels through trainings with Repair’s Fellows
- Act as social media community manager by responding to comments and questions on Repair’s national social media channels (largely Facebook and Instagram)
- Provide analysis based on metrics and data-driven recommendations for ongoing improvements
- Implement and manage editorial calendar including structure and strategy for email blasts and social media announcements
- Manage internal and external requests for Repair the World swag orders including restocking current swag and developing/testing new swag items
- Minimum 2 years experience in digital marketing/communications
- Graphic design: experience with Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Highly organized with a keen ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with a curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Proficiency using digital systems to manage content (CMS) and relationships (CRM), with a preference for experience for Pardot and Salesforce
- Commitment to data-driven decision making
- Digital advertising experience, including Google AdWords and SEO
- Proficient communication skills, specifically around clear, compelling, and persuasive copywriting for digital
- Understanding of WordPress, Facebook (including Ads Manager), Twitter, Instagram
- Knowledge of best practice and trends in digital marketing
- Fluency in English
- Strong understanding and commitment to working through a social and racial lens
- Understanding and experience with A/B testing, across email, social media, and website
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume here. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. The position is expected to begin in January 2019, although some flexibility may be available for the right candidate.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Repair the World provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race,color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status,national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The starting salary for the position is $47,500, if you have 2 years of experience. If you have more than that, let’s talk. Generous benefits package includes paid time off for service, in addition to vacation time and Jewish and American holidays. Additional benefits include medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, support for childcare during retreats and trainings, and more, including resources for professional development.
The process for the hired applicant process will include:
- Submission of Cover Letter and Resume
- Applicants moved forward will continue on to a first round screening with a Repair staff member
- Applicants that move forward from a first round interview with have a second round interview with the Marketing and Communications Associate and Director of Special Projects
- Applicants moved to the final round will be asked to complete a design and digital task before a final interview with the Director of Digital Strategy and our CEO
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume here: https://repair-the-world.breezy.hr/p/53f4d67f139b. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. The position is expected to begin in January 2019, although some flexibility may be available for the right candidate.