Digital Giving Specialist
Catholic Relief Services
Job Title: Digital Giving Specialist
Reports to: Manager of Digital Giving
Internal Title: Specialist I
Department: Annual Giving
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Baltimore, MD
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Digital Giving Specialist ensures all projects are delivered on-time through tracking campaign schedules and progress, measuring performances, and reporting analyses. This position will assist in defining project objectives while involving all relevant stakeholders in the process.
The Digital Giving Specialist is responsible for the execution of fundraising e-mail campaigns, support for other fundraising efforts in Annual Giving, and the creation of online tools needed to help foster successful donor and subscriber initiatives. They will help plan and manage the production of these efforts and ensure projects meet their deadlines. The Specialist will research and try different techniques to test response, assist with developing new donation opportunities and record/analyze campaign and monthly revenue reports.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Project manage multi-channel campaigns, executing strategies to increase revenue via the web and other digital properties (email, text, social). This can include supporting community giving efforts, collaborating with other departments’ campaigns, working with the Email Marketing Specialist or managing an external vendor to complete the project.
- Work towards the core goal of cultivating future generations and other audiences to become donors to CRS. Explore new strategic messaging and targeted demographics to attract new donors and diversify both the donor mix and method of giving within the agency’s future donor database. Collaborate with other Charitable/Annual Giving Teams, the Web Unit, Church Engagement, and Editorial for all digital and community giving needs.
- Seek to enhance and expand CRS’ relationships with existing networks (e.g. Planned Giving, Mid-Level donors, Monthly donors, Lapsed donors, etc.) as well as newly emerging cohorts (e.g. Chapter volunteers, Hispanic development, younger donors, etc.)
- Provide oversight, including quality control (e.g. checking all links in digital campaigns, making test donations to ensure the process is successful) and troubleshooting problems. Maintain records for all campaigns for each fiscal year. Analyze testing and campaigns to share with appropriate stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of professional trends and issues affecting digital, peer to peer and community fundraising, demonstrating continuous learning in the field.
- Cross train job responsibility, functionality and help train other CRS employees to create backup for digital marketing efforts.
- Administrative tasks for Digital Giving team and other duties as assigned and as needed.
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum 3 years in digital marketing, fundraising or a related field
- An understanding of digital marketing trends for all consumer marketing mediums: e-commerce, email campaigns, digital display ads, conversion landing pages, social, etc.
- Proficient Microsoft Office
- Project a positive donor service attitude in all aspects of duties internally and externally
- Experience in current CRS platforms a plus (EveryAction, Mobile Commons, Basecamp, Workfront, Drupal)
Required Languages – English
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Strong time management skill
- Structured and detailed oriented individual
- Able to work independently under tight deadlines
- Possess, sharp organization and multi-tasking abilities, adept at meeting deadlines and a strategic and creative mindset.
- Writing and editing skills, with a willingness to learn techniques that help maximize response.
- Comfort with working in and editing HTML code
- Ability to speak, write and present information clearly
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new web techniques as the internet changes
- Proactive and works well under pressure
- Requires minimal supervision, with strong decision making and negotiating skills
- Eagerness to learn basic fundraising concepts and donor/consumer psychology
- Conceptual thinker, manage multiple projects and able to work within deadlines
- Solid “team player” who is able to operate a large number of simultaneous campaigns
- Experience interacting with digital marketing/engagement software
- Experience in direct response fundraising
- Experience with website conversion strategies
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply