Digital Fundraising Officer
Aga Khan Foundation USA
Aga Khan Foundation USA is seeking to hire a Digital Fundraising Officer to bring an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to lead AKF USA’s digital fundraising campaigns.
The successful candidate will develop and achieve metrics-based goals to support AKF USA’s fundraising targets. This person will use largely digital and some traditional fundraising methods to develop and implement fundraising campaigns to reach new audiences and increase the Foundation’s base of support.
We are looking for someone who is innovative, mission-driven, and has the ability to think outside of the box to make an impact on the growth of the organization. This individual must be able to drive initiative, be project-oriented, judicious in decision-making, and able to work on tight deadlines. This position reports to the Director, Development and Volunteer Engagement, and will be supported by other members of the Resource Development and the Strategic Communications teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a strategic annual fundraising plan grounded in achievable short-and SMART long-term goals
- Develop and implement annual digital fundraising campaigns for recurring giving, peer-to-peer fundraising, Giving Tuesday and Year-End, corporate matching gifts and donor stewardship using multiple digital channels
- Steward donors through quality, multi-channel communications that reflect the work and impact of the Foundation, including developing design assets, reporting on programmatic work
- Create relevant, compelling and high-quality digital content for email, social media channels, landing pages, donor engagement surveys, website, digital advertising, and donor welcome series to engage prospective supporters and retain and grow AKF’s current donor base, and ensure alignment with offline communications materials
- Assess, manage, and enhance the donor journey to improve the experience of first-time and repeat donors, from the moment they give to weeks and months following their contribution
- Measure, analyze, test and iterate on digital fundraising campaigns
- Work collaboratively with the Communications team, Programs team, Donations Management team, and the Foundation’s volunteer teams across the country to support fundraising, donor acquisition, and stewardship initiatives
- Three to five years of experience developing, executing, and analyzing digital fundraising or marketing campaigns
- Experience managing the internal and external resources required for planning and executing digital and traditional communications and fundraising campaigns
- Experience developing custom digital content for a range of audiences
- Experience with mail marketing and using email marketing platforms such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc
- Experience with social media marketing, including content creation, ads and measurement for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and social media management tools such as HootSuite, HeyOrca, etc
- Proven writing and editing skills, including various writing styles for fundraising, blogging, and social media
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize demands
- Strategically-minded and ready to take initiative
- Adaptable, flexible, with strong interpersonal skills capable of working both independently and in collaboratively across teams
- Working knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS, Microsoft Excel, or EveryAction a plus
Behaviors and Attitudes
Among AKF USA’s core values is respect for human dignity, compassion, self-reliance, tolerance, and openness. The organization is interested in individuals whose behaviors reflect these values, who are dedicated to fulfilling the AKF USA mission, and who demonstrate integrity, honesty and are dedicated to serving humanity.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to take initiative, communicate clearly, act with positive intent and encouragement towards others, and be responsive to new ideas and innovations.
About Aga Khan Foundation USA
Established in 1981, AKF USA is a private, non-denominational, non-profit international development organization committed to alleviating poverty, hunger, disease, and illiteracy, primarily in Africa and Asia. Its mission is to strengthen the capacity of grassroots communities to solve their own problems and to promote opportunities that lead to long-term improvements in their income, health, education and the sustainability of local institutions and the environment.
The Foundation supports community-based programs in the areas of health, education, rural development, and civil society. Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), a group of 11 private development agencies working to empower communities and individuals, often in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities, especially in Africa and Asia.
How to Apply
All applicants must send their resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to HR Recruitment at email@example.com.
How to Apply
All applicants must send their resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to HR Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org