Digital Fundraising Copywriter
Have you always wanted a career that balances your writing, editing and digital content marketing skills with your passion to make a difference in the world? Are you excited by the idea of leveraging your creativity, strategic insight, and an awareness of the user experience to help connect people with causes they care about like the environment, social justice and the cultural arts?
As a new Digital Fundraising Copywriter with Avalon Consulting Group a full-service fundraising consulting agency you’ll help define creative messaging strategies as well as create original (and optimize existing) fundraising copy for our nonprofit clients’ digital campaigns, including emails, websites, social media posts and online ads.
This will be an exceptional opportunity for you to help remarkable organizations achieve their financial goals through captivating digital fundraising and engagement campaigns, all while collaborating with an award-winning, expert team of dedicated, fun, and passionate fundraising professionals.
What You’ll Do with Us:
- Manage compelling online fundraising and advocacy campaigns from initial concept development to final launch. Create and direct fundraising messaging and copy for outbound emails, landing pages, and auto-responders.
- Draft digital strategic messaging recommendations
- Version digital fundraising copy from existing direct mail
- Draft fundraising copy for social media posts, web donation pages, lightboxes, and digital ads
- Inform campaign design specs as needed.
- Manage the schedule, deadlines, and other logistics of assigned digital copy projects and serve as an active member of the Communications team.
Why You Will Love Avalon Consulting…
As one of Washington, DC’s most respected, cutting-edge, nonprofit fundraising consulting agencies since 1997, Avalon is committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the funds needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We have created a culture unlike any other agency. We’re strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
At Avalon, you’ll experience an unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
Besides being a great place to work, Avalon is pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health and dental insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
What We Need:
You will be an ideal fit for us if you possess a degree or formal training in English, marketing, communications, or a related field and at least two (2) years of experience writing fundraising copy for digital campaigns.
If you’re the right candidate for us, you’ll have experience writing content that reflects varying tones of voice in copy and strong grammar, proofing and editing skills. You must also be able to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects and tight deadlines and a “rock star” in using Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook. While prior work in nonprofit fundraising or advocacy would be value-added experience for this role, they are not requirements.
In addition, our most engaged and successful team members demonstrate the following:
- Enjoyment from collaborating with team members, partners and clients
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced “foot on the pedal” environment
- Skill in managing multiple projects, competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong ability to manage details and immediate concerns alongside strategy and the “big picture”
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills, professionalism and customer service
- Eagerness for learning and continuous self-improvement
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you. For consideration, please apply using the provided link by submitting your resume and a cover letter with your desired salary.
Please visit our website at www.avalonconsulting.net.